• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"FUNimation Entertainment" (company#6515) and its name

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alextenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:51 am Reply with quote
company#6515: "FUNimation Entertainment"? Is there a reason why they are still listed as that and not "Funimation"?

Funimation themselves are currently legally registered as "Funimation Global Group, LLC" (check the Texas, California and Delaware business entity searches), and all their social media and their Linkedin uses "Funimation".

The change in capitalisation from "FUNimation" to "Funimation" seems to have been changed slowly from 2016 to 2017. They changed the capitalisation on their Facebook on January 9, 2016. Their website changed capitalisation on January 18, 2017. (see January 17 with "FUNimation Productions, LTD." and January 18 with "Funimation Productions, LTD." at the bottom of the page.)

In Sony Pictures' press releases, the release from 2020 about the company acquiring Crunchyroll uses "Funimation Global Group"/"Funimation".

The only place where "Funimation Entertainment" is still seen is with their dubbing credits, credited as "English Version by: Funimation Entertainment" (example of some 2021 releases with "Funimation Entertainment"), which most likely refers to their dubbing studio, rather than the company itself (these same releases also have "Licensed by Funimation(r) Global Group, LLC.")
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:16 am Reply with quote
alextenshi wrote:
The only place where "Funimation Entertainment" is still seen is with their dubbing credits, credited as "English Version by: Funimation Entertainment" (example of some 2021 releases with "Funimation Entertainment"), which most likely refers to their dubbing studio, rather than the company itself (these same releases also have "Licensed by Funimation(r) Global Group, LLC.")

To add to this, their end-of-disc production credits in recent releases has their current name, Funimation Global Group LLC, while the English credits on the Ending videos still say "Funimation Entertainment".

Example of the former, Sakura Wars-The Animation
https://i.imgur.com/9WKg13a.jpeg
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1