• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's Part 2 to Premiere Next January

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:56 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:
The Question is which ending will the Anime provide- The poorly written original one or the poorly written attempt to expand on the original ending.
So I haven't read the Manga, are you saying the ending is so bad an Anime only ending would be better?

In upteen months we can talk whether or not the manga's story took a dive during these final arcs.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:21 pm Reply with quote
The biggest thing I disliked about the ending (which I found to be "satisfactory" overall... certainly didn't make me regret having bought a 30+ volume series or anything like that) was how rushed the final chapter felt to me... which means I'm not optimistic about how this is going to look after being adapted into 26 - or god forbid, 12 - episodes. Poor pacing would kill this ending.

(Also, really curious about how the ending's detractors think the final arc "should" have ended without absolutely undercutting the entire story's themes... but I guess we'll get to that in a year or so.)
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
Still excited all things considered.

Same.
lhernan02

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:00 pm Reply with quote
As an anime only follower, I am interested in what the big deal is. I'll probably read the last chapters of the manga after the series ends to compare and contrast.
Overall, I can't see the passion this show generates. It is watchable, but not the second coming of Cowboy Bebop or FMA. It is a standard shonen show with some additional blood and guts. It just looks like it was far more popular than its writer and/or editor thought it would be so it ended up being padded to a mediocre end. Sort of like Downton Abbey after the third season or GoT's last two seasons. Hopefully, like the ending is closer to DA's fizzle out than GoT's giant F**K YOU to its liberal audience which wanted a girl power narrative when that was the last thing the show called for.
Orion2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:07 pm Reply with quote
no spoilers, but unfortunately, the ending wasn't just bad, it retroactively showed how nothing in S4 makes sense, and it ruined the whole of S4 for me, I will never watch AOT past S3 again, AOT will always be S1-3 for me and nothing more
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:25 pm Reply with quote
lhernan02 wrote:
Overall, I can't see the passion this show generates. It is watchable, but not the second coming of Cowboy Bebop or FMA.

I feel that it's honestly pretty comparable to those two franchises in terms of its ability to attract the attentions of people who were looking to "watch a decent TV show" or "read a decent graphic novel", but not necessarily "watch a decent anime" or "read a decent manga". Back at the end of 2019, when we were all making lists of the "best anime shows of the 2010s", I don't think that I even entertained the possibility that Attack on Titan was going to crack my top ten, and the same would have been true of the manga... but I sure recommended the franchise to a far broader range of people than I did with something like Planet With or Dead Dead Demon's DeDeDeDeDestruction. It is just a tremendously accessible media property, and sometimes, that's enough.
Touma55

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:26 pm Reply with quote
lhernan02 wrote:

Overall, I can't see the passion this show generates. It is watchable, but not the second coming of Cowboy Bebop or FMA.

I'd say it is pretty comparable to both of those series. All three are easy to recommend to pretty much anyone, but are nowhere near the best out there.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:23 am Reply with quote
So am I the only one who thinks the ending in manga is OK-ish than crap?
Touma55

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:37 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
So am I the only one who thinks the ending in manga is OK-ish than crap?

I agree with it being OK-ish.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:21 am Reply with quote
Well here we go the end is nigh.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:59 am Reply with quote
Ah the NTR endings. Takes me back to when EVA was the raging forest fire. Laughing
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:57 am Reply with quote
A new OVA will be released or is it just crappy specials.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2