• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blade Runner: Black Lotus Anime Posts Trailer, Behind-the-Scenes Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:46 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure this show now holds the record for the most trailers ever for a Toonami show. This is the third full-length trailer its had! (fourth if you count the one produced by Crunchyroll.)
gtmvanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 pm Reply with quote
No.
LightningComet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I recently watched a forty minute interview of Louis Castle, the lead programmer and artist on the 1997 Blade Runner game. He had a lot to say about capturing the atmosphere of Blade Runner i.e. the lighting, the steam effects, those fires that come out of the buildings for no given reason whatsoever, etc. I like the attention to effects and environmental detail that's been on display in these clips; it may be optimistic to say that Black Lotus will be superbly written, brilliantly crafted, and hugely successful, but I'm hopeful while still mitigating my expectations. Regardless of how it'll turn out, there's little doubt that this anticipatory period is an exciting time for Blade Runner fans like myself.

And thank you, whoever heard me, for heeding my calls for less sci-fi and more film noir in cyberpunk fiction.
Punpun's ghost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:22 am Reply with quote
Looks like Playstation games seem to be dipping in the quality of their graphics. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1