• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shadows House Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Violet Park wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:
Excellent news! The series is popular, and a sequel announced less than a year after the first season aired is not a common phenomenon.

The last arc of the first season was an anime-original, but the writer was happy enough with the results and it appears the second arc is going to follow its source material closely. Looking forward to the air date.

The problem is... they can't. With the changes made last season is almost impossible to adapt the rest faithfully. I would be down for an entirely original second season, kind of like an alternate universe.

Sure they can

They can just coutinue the story and pretend like it never happened.

It happened with Blue Excorcist, Kageuri etc.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Violet Park wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:
Excellent news! The series is popular, and a sequel announced less than a year after the first season aired is not a common phenomenon.

The last arc of the first season was an anime-original, but the writer was happy enough with the results and it appears the second arc is going to follow its source material closely. Looking forward to the air date.

The problem is... they can't. With the changes made last season is almost impossible to adapt the rest faithfully. I would be down for an entirely original second season, kind of like an alternate universe.

Sure they can

Well there's an issue where supposedly they didn't introduce a character who was supposed to show up in the night patrol part, though I believe the mangaka tweeted that if there was ever a second season they would figure out a way to write them back into the plot.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:58 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
Violet Park wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:

Sure they can

Well there's an issue where supposedly they didn't introduce a character who was supposed to show up in the night patrol part, though I believe the mangaka tweeted that if there was ever a second season they would figure out a way to write them back into the plot.

Based on my manga knowledge, it should be possible to write that character back into the plot without it feeling out of place.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Considering how soon this came, and that it was announced at an oddly out of pace stream, this must have decided before S1 started airing.
Which just begs the question: why the heck did they make this harder for themselves by ommiting Robe-sama and coming up with that arc that contradicts the characterization and atmopshere of what's to come?
Helix91
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Great news! I love to see shows like this go beyond "buy the manga if you want to find out what happens next" when their first season ends.

Second seasons seem to be so rare outside of big Shonen Jump properties and Isekai light novel adaptations.
Vizo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I just finished it yesterday. Didn't know about the anime's original ending but that would explain why it was so roundabout. It left me debating whether I should continue or not. The story was interesting enough so I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing more.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:37 am Reply with quote
Yay! This was one of my favorite shows from last season!
Just a request—the forum discussions for the Shadows House episode reviews seemed to be completely taken over by manga readers comparing the anime to the source material, often in very spoilery ways. It was annoying, especially because the manga isn’t (AFAIK) licensed officially in English (even if it were, it’s inconsiderate to spoil details for anime only viewers). Could manga readers please try to be mindful of this? When comparing the anime to the manga, please use spoiler tags. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2