• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Sequel Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SP654

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:23 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
SP654 wrote:
Amuro1X wrote:
SP654 wrote:
Seriously it’s not the final arc but I heard the fairy tail manga ended already?

100 Years Quest is the sequel. It picks up pretty much right after the ending of the original.

I wasn’t being specific enough I mean I thought the hundred year quest was the final arc of the fairy tail manga

The final arc was about the final battle with Zeref and Acnologia, the main villains. The 100 Years Quest is what they do after that. The very final scene in the original manga is them heading off on the quest.

So in other words the Fairy tail manga finished where they beat zeref and acnologia and now the sequel which was Right after that battle known as the 100 year Quest manga is still going on and they haven’t completely finish the whole Fairy Tail manga series yet?
mooseV01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I get that this is a sequel and not really a part of the original manga/anime.... but if it's literally just a continuation of Natsu and friends adventures and it literally takes place RIGHT after the "final chapter/episode" of FT... Then why the HELL even call the previous season the "LAST SEASON" when that's clearly not true. Lmfao.

If this series followed a new crew of characters, like Boruto - then fine. But it's literally the same characters continuing off on adventures in a new arc. It's literally still Fairy Tail. No different than just entering a new story arc.

Lmao... final season, my butt. That was clearly a disingenuous attempt to trick fans into thinking there would be no more. Not a fan of that tactic.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Nice. While Fairy Tail went down a bit at the end there, I was still interested in trying the sequel, but never got around to it. Seeing as how I first started Fairy Tail with the anime, this seems like a great way to check out the sequel!
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:37 am Reply with quote
mooseV01 wrote:
I get that this is a sequel and not really a part of the original manga/anime.... but if it's literally just a continuation of Natsu and friends adventures and it literally takes place RIGHT after the "final chapter/episode" of FT... Then why the HELL even call the previous season the "LAST SEASON" when that's clearly not true. Lmfao.

If this series followed a new crew of characters, like Boruto - then fine. But it's literally the same characters continuing off on adventures in a new arc. It's literally still Fairy Tail. No different than just entering a new story arc.

Lmao... final season, my butt. That was clearly a disingenuous attempt to trick fans into thinking there would be no more. Not a fan of that tactic.

It makes a little more sense with the manga. The sequel was planned to be done without Mashima's involvement at first so he could focus on Edens Zero. But then he was talked into at least drawing the rough layouts of the sequel on the side, which he could manage since it only came out every two weeks.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:36 am Reply with quote
mooseV01 wrote:

Dragon Ball Super is exacty the same thing as Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest but people dont seem to have a problem with that series.
Dragon Ball Super continues Gokus and his friends adventures after defeating Majin Buu and Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest continues Natsu and his friends adventures after defeating Zeref and Acnologia.
Both series creates new storys and new villains and new characters and new places the heros visit.
Just saying that if people dont have a problem with Dragon Ball Super they should not have a problem with Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest.
And they called it the Final Season because it was the end of the original Fairy Tail series.
Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest feels different from the first Fairy Tail series in certain ways just like how Dragon Ball Super feels different from Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT.
mooseV01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:13 pm Reply with quote
CyberLance wrote:
mooseV01 wrote:

Dragon Ball Super is exacty the same thing as Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest but people dont seem to have a problem with that series.
Dragon Ball Super continues Gokus and his friends adventures after defeating Majin Buu and Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest continues Natsu and his friends adventures after defeating Zeref and Acnologia.
Both series creates new storys and new villains and new characters and new places the heros visit.
Just saying that if people dont have a problem with Dragon Ball Super they should not have a problem with Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest.
And they called it the Final Season because it was the end of the original Fairy Tail series.
Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest feels different from the first Fairy Tail series in certain ways just like how Dragon Ball Super feels different from Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT.

There's a difference though. Dragonball Super was not named "The Final Season" or "The Final Series". It was just called Super. And for good measure, because that will not be the final iteration of Dragonball. It'd be silly to put "final" anything on such a eternal series. When a series rebrands, they tend to avoid terms like "Final" or "The End" unless there are truly nothing else to do with the current cast.

So it's just odd to me that the previous season would label it "the final one" when this new series basically picks up right after it and is basically the same. I've read it, it's literally just more FT. Doesn't feel different at all.

I dunno. I just think it was an odd decision on hindsight but I guess it ultimately doesn't matter.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:09 pm Reply with quote
mooseV01 wrote:

Fairy Tail ended. The final season adapted to the end of the manga. It doesn't matter what you think, that's just fact. There was even over a year gap from the end of the Fairy Tail manga to the beginning of 100YQ. And 100 Year's Quest has run for 3 years since it began. There honestly wasn't a guarantee that the anime would continue.
will.babe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:17 pm Reply with quote
mooseV01 wrote:

NAH bish. Boruto is an abomination. FT 100 yrs quest is better than that sh...
CyberLance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
mooseV01 wrote:
CyberLance wrote:
mooseV01 wrote:

There's a difference though. Dragonball Super was not named "The Final Season" or "The Final Series". It was just called Super. And for good measure, because that will not be the final iteration of Dragonball. It'd be silly to put "final" anything on such a eternal series. When a series rebrands, they tend to avoid terms like "Final" or "The End" unless there are truly nothing else to do with the current cast.

So it's just odd to me that the previous season would label it "the final one" when this new series basically picks up right after it and is basically the same. I've read it, it's literally just more FT. Doesn't feel different at all.

I dunno. I just think it was an odd decision on hindsight but I guess it ultimately doesn't matter.

Well i personally think Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest feels different from the first series in certain ways like how Dragon Ball Super feels different from Dragon Ball Z.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3