• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2021 Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:
No preview for Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu (Komi Can’t Communicate)? Or is that in the pipeline?

Episode 1 already aired in Japan (October 7), but streaming starts October 21.

They never preview a show if an official stream isn't available. It probably will be in the preview guide once it is though. Jahy was in the guide even though it started nearly a month after the summer season started.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Kagi-Nado is a short that seems to be a group of parodies of all kinds of stuff, but seems to start by doing each parodie's ending first -- I guess? The characters are chibi-extra short, kind of like Isekai Quartet. The little segments in it are blink and you will miss it short, but I liked them. I just want more, much more.

On Crunchyroll and Funimation both, for now.

Last edited by Nom De Plume De Fanboy on Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melicans

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:57 pm Reply with quote
In case anybody wants to say how ridiculous Rit's sword is in episode 2 of Banished from the Hero's Party, I just want to point out that it is a very real weapon called a shotel, and not something the designer's dreamed up.
Penrhos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:41 am Reply with quote
Watched the first Ep. of Komi' and it was OK, nothing great and I felt it lost something in the adaptation, still one of the better new shows this season.

86 & MT are going well - as expected.
Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu - is still looking promising
Takt Op. Destiny - borderline dropping this, style over substance, no surprise she was his sister.
Shin no Nakama - at least it's started off better than the last drugstore show.

I'm hoping "Saihate no Paladin" doesn't go "wise man's grandchild" on me as it's got potential...

These are easy drops for me, some are just plain terrible:-
Ancient Girls Frame
Build Divide
Deep insanity
Drowning Sorrows in Raging Fire
Muteking the Dancing Hero
Tesla Note
Visual Prison
Worlds end Harem
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Yep as someone who is disabled, and has had issues with hearing and speech Kings ranking absolutely gets it.

The one thing I would prefer not to see is for his swords play to be good just because he is deaf and effectively mute because magic bull&@$.

If they just want to go with no everyone ignores him and its the only thing he has so he devotes himself to it, and put in a lot of time and effort into it that's great, and actually is extremely common for disabled people.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:44 pm Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:

They [ANN] never preview a show if an official stream isn't available.

Somewhat surprising that there are not media only preview streams available (as is done elsewhere) so reviews could be published prior to the release date to generate more interest.
ab2143

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Ranking of Kings has the best premiere from this season. Looking forward to seeing Bojji overcome all the barriers in order to become the strongest king! His bond with his father is sweet. I'm so glad one of the parents cares about him

Fantastic first episode. I especially loved the sparring scene between Domas and Daida. Beautiful, fluid animation!!!
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I finally got around to episode 0 of Lupin and yeah, it was a solid way to send of Jiigen's OG seiyuu. It was definitely a visually conservative episode but considering the most important part of it is the scripting and prefomances that's perfectly fine.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:24 am Reply with quote
Love that my two standout seasonals by a wide margin were the first (Heike Story) and last (Ranking of Kings) to premiere. It’s like eating a pretty mediocre sandwich overall albeit with artisan, high quality bread.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:09 am Reply with quote
Please vote for Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure and Waccha PriMagi for daily streaming reviews! Let’s spread the word about these two wonderful shows!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:17 am Reply with quote
Is The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! guaranteed to continue in the streaming reviews? I see it isn't in the poll despite being aired over two cours like Aquatope.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:02 am Reply with quote
The daily streaming review poll is up through the weekend: animenewsnetwork.com/survey/912/

blahmoomoo wrote:
Is The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! guaranteed to continue in the streaming reviews? I see it isn't in the poll despite being aired over two cours like Aquatope.

The second cour of any show isn't guaranteed Daily Streaming reviews if it ranks too low. We've got limited resources, unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:08 am Reply with quote
ANN_Lynzee wrote:
The daily streaming review poll is up through the weekend: animenewsnetwork.com/survey/912/

blahmoomoo wrote:

The second cour of any show isn't guaranteed Daily Streaming reviews if it ranks too low. We've got limited resources, unfortunately.

If you are referring to ranking in the poll, then Jahy is missing from the poll. If you are referring to page views on the reviews, that's too bad then.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:16 am Reply with quote
Ah ok, added Jahy. I didn't know it was a continual run instead of a split.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:24 pm Reply with quote
And after 3 weeks into the season, here's what I stuck with (so far):

Selection Project: A pretty good original by Doga Kobo and by their better team, which shows a lot: it's beyond pretty and it has great character acting. It's an idol reality show, but I think it has an appeal beyond the core idol fans. I've heard Idoly Pride is similar, I haven't watched that one yet but I intend to. Hopefully it gets voted in, it has certainly got mine.

86 II: 86 was one of my favorites this spring and it continues to be.

Let's Make a Mug 2: Finally we can vote for it, please do, I'll shill it 'till the end of times. Despite being a touristy iyashikei anime, it treats the characters and its subject fairly and after 2 episodes (I haven't watched episode 3 yet), it looks like it's going to be even better than the first season.

Primagi: The show would worth a watch for Myamu alone, she makes a lot of good expressions. But it's much beyond that, it's a great anime for kids that can be enjoyed by adults alike. I also have fondness for Miruki who's been introduced in episode 2, she's an obnoxious brat who's up to no good but I can't hate her for her mannerisms alone. It's also the first of the Pretty Series to be simulcasted so I believe it absolutely has a place among the weekly reviews.

Faraway Paladin: This show wasn't even among the ones I planned to watch but Rebecca convinced me and I've heard good things about it. I worried about the studio, they don't have a good track record, but after the first episode, my worries have been tempered, it looks like it's going to be a good adaptation.

I haven't watched Sakugan and the Isekai Restaurant beyond their first episodes; I can't judge the former yet and I don't think there would be much to talk about in the weekly reviews about the latter, so I haven't voted for it. I still haven't got around Heike Story and the Vampire Astronaut show yet, but I still intend to. I might check out Ranking of Kings as well, it sounds promising.

I have also voted for Aquatope among the continuing shows. Looks like the second cour has the potential to be even better than the first, at least so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17