• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: hololive Performer Makes Weekly Playboy's List of Next Gen Beautiful Women

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longsock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Gallicy wrote:
Surprsingly lot of boomers here who dont even watch vtubers and yet they are here

The future is ours now B) I accept our vtuber overlords.
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Gallicy wrote:
Surprsingly lot of boomers here who dont even watch vtubers and yet they are here

It's pretty sad, but I guess they gotta complain where it'll be annoying rather than where they can find someone they agree with
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:31 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Oh, it's Japan's Playboy. I thought it was America's.

Incidentally, Weekly Playboy is not connected to the US Playboy in any way. There used to be a Japanese franchise of the US Playboy called "Monthly Playboy", but it was discontinued in 2008.
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I know it's not the main focus of the article, but it's nice to see Suisei's album doing so well(especially since she's the best singer I've ever heard in my 22.5 years of life)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Electric Wooloo wrote:
The slew of idol culture (By which I mean both fans going waaaaay to far and the exploitative management practices) around vtubers combined with the parasocial interaction only being enhanced with specially crafted models and backstories is what has driven me away and will almost certainly keep me away from vtubers.

When it comes to Hololive Vtubers, the talents are far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far better paid than say, a keyframe artist on your favorite anime. Seriously if exploitation of labor is what's got ya held up from enjoying Hololive Vtubers then I hope you stay very far away from anime because that's where much, much more grievous exploitative labor practices are occurring.
omegafinal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much the above. To maybe show how much, for Holomyth's first anniversary, check out Ame's anniversary stream with the group in VRChat. A lot of that stuff was commissioned by her and funded by her fans, from what I remembered. Not sure if the other four had VR gear, but would imagine she helped get those for them as well.
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:36 pm Reply with quote
otastorian wrote:
If not being into v-tubers makes me a boomer, then I'll have to just own that title. If you like it, you do you. But personally, watching people play Minecraft and read off the usernames of a bunch of social rejects for six hours isn't really my idea of fun time, and the janky anime avatars don't change that for me one way or another. At least with "real" idols, the bulk of the content is the music and dancing, radio and morning shows, and movie and TV appearances.

Edit: removed insult (and a reply to the insult). Errinundra.

technically models differ from Vtuber to Vtuber, some are janky, some are buttery smooth, they always list who works on the various models in their debuts.

They also don't usually read off peoples names throughout the entire stream, it's not uncommon to have separate streams for that sort of thing like with Selen Tatsuki, or to dedicate time at the end of each stream like Kiara(Her gameplay tends to be 3 or 4 hours with 2 hours of superchats afterwards)

Lengths between vtubers also tend to vary. Mumei's streams are pretty short, same with Suisei's( usually roughly an hour, maybe a little more, depends on the game honestly). Kiara and Elira tend to do the really long ones

Vtubers are also used by many as background material. I myself can only dedicate myself to Kiara's streams for so long, so I put them in the background while I play video games, work, or draw.

As for other Vtubers, while I dedicate myself to Rosemi Lovelock and Ouro Kronii, most Vtubers go on in the background while I try to sleep, and while I sleep. They're entertaining, but don't grab my attention enough to make it hard to sleep.

not trying to change your mind on Vtubers, just correcting you
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:45 pm Reply with quote
otastorian wrote:
If not being into v-tubers makes me a boomer, then I'll have to just own that title. If you like it, you do you. But personally, watching people play Minecraft and read off the usernames of a bunch of social rejects for six hours isn't really my idea of fun time, and the janky anime avatars don't change that for me one way or another. At least with "real" idols, the bulk of the content is the music and dancing, radio and morning shows, and movie and TV appearances.

Edit: removed insult (and a reply to the insult). Errinundra.

You know, you are free to just not watch them. No need to come into this post and insult people who enjoy something that you dont.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:27 am Reply with quote
Post is removed~!

@Gallicy Any prejudicial ageist comments are not allowed. Continue to compose such comments will land you on moderation.

Be mindful and be respectful Smile
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:38 am Reply with quote
If we’re supposed to be mindful and respectful, what about otastorian calling people social rejects? The post already had insults removed. Was that missed or is that kind of name calling allowed?
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:35 am Reply with quote
strawberry-kun wrote:
If we’re supposed to be mindful and respectful, what about otastorian calling people social rejects? The post already had insults removed. Was that missed or is that kind of name calling allowed?

It's not allowed and it is not missed. Smile
It just so happens that I saw it now (Lol, time difference is pretty much right up at my alley).

As you have mentioned, being mindful and respectful is the key to have a healthy continuous conversation with other users; hence... let's just keep it that way Laughing Razz
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
@otastorian, your post has been removed!

for the use of a derogatory term and the nature of your post being disrespectful and rude, even trollish. Please remember that to continue to post in such manner will land you for moderation.

Once again everyone, have an awesome and healthy conversation!
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:20 pm Reply with quote
SenpaiDuckie wrote:
@otastorian, your post has been removed!

for the use of a derogatory term and the nature of your post being disrespectful and rude, even trollish. Please remember that to continue to post in such manner will land you for moderation.

Once again everyone, have an awesome and healthy conversation!

Thank you for your hard work
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:50 pm Reply with quote
If it helps, it's worth pointing out that Weekly Playboy doesn't have nudity in it so it's not as illicit as one might think. It's just gravure stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2