• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Part

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frog-kun
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Hi all, this is the reviewer here. Thanks for your feedback regarding the coverage of the vulgar content. After discussing with the editor on this, we have agreed that it is generally not worth highlighting content that is unremarkable by the previously established standards of this show. However, if something particularly unusual or egregious were to be portrayed, then it will be discussed in the review with that context in mind. Thanks!
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Thank you froppy I appreciate it, personally.

By this point I know rudys.........lolicon tendencies....and minor things can be overlooked.

If we get another set of things like in the grayrat house arc I would appreciate knowing about it before hand. If the sticks to being more in line with episodes post the event then I personally would be very happy with that.
Kibako

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:55 am Reply with quote
Ep 14 is like a redemption moment for Rudy. It was quite different in WN that I was so shock when reading LN. In WN this whole ep 14 did not exist at all and Rudy just spent the whole time in the jail getting his back scratched by monkey man until the gang showed up and seeing that BL material scene.
Picky33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:08 am Reply with quote
I honestly think this season so far (ep 12-14) is completely dialed back in terms of Vulgarity and Debauchery compared to season 1. Maybe international pressure forced them to dial it down.

its still early but it feels like a more traditional isekai with some Fan Service
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:27 am Reply with quote
(Elinalise having a sixsome and Rudeus's more perverted fantasy in ep 13)

You sure about that?
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:39 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
well if you really want to know, spoiler[ both of them were killed after being teleported in a nation that was at war. worse is that she was meant to be the concubine to a perverted uncle and to prevent that (also she had accepted her feelings for him) she gave her virginity to rudy but then dunp her to become a sword god (because a certain dragon god wants rudy dead due to him being friends with the man god aka hitogami) leaving him SO emotionally scarred that he got ED! ]

so dont feel bad for eris. hell, by the end of this season, that tsundere may end up just as unlikable as that former perverted otaku!

The way you phrased the spoilers is so baity i don't even know what to say...
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 am Reply with quote
pikrodafni wrote:
I can understand Rudeu's thoughts but I really don't understand why people are having a problem with Elinalise,she's a grown ass woman ,let her fu*k who she wants and however many she wants.

its because for that people it has never been about the kids, or about consent, or about other things, it has always been about the sexual content. it is the same people who don't complain about bakarina grooming 6 children because nothing sexual is shown, yet complain about mushoku tensei.

i will try to let that be the last time i mention that, tho.

the ed was particularly good this coeur, there have been rumours of the next novels being already in production, anime wise, and the ed has some nicely disguised content from coeur 3,4 and 5.

also when asking spoilerific question, keep in mind some people will interpret things differently or just over spoil stuff. it has beena. constant problem with this series especially becquse the manga is a pretty bad adaptation and people answer questions based on the manga, as it just happened with this poor soul who asked about eris parents.

episode 13 in particular, highlights a problem with adapting the novel that was not shown in coeur 1. some material cant just fit in one episode, its wither too long ( the smaller problem) or too short, so we end up with which is ep 13, a collage of differenr segments. and for the love of god, elinalises thing is far very compiicated and spans the whole series, so the simple, manga spoiler explanation is lame and contrived because it is not the full picture .

still ep14 was pure gold, we even got a human disguised as a beast person on the intro montage (4 ears ) to foreshadow the attack. Showing Rudy's fear waa also pretty well done, paul is advanced level and Rudy never managed to beat him, gallus is saint level, which inbetween paul and ghislaine, and this was a fight to the death, ao ofc he was scared.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the gross stuff, a Douglas Adams quote comes to mind:

Quote:
“I just wanted to find out something about the dolphins.”

“No story. Last year’s news. Forget ’em. They’re gone.”

“It’s important.”

“Listen, no one will touch it. You can’t sustain a story, you know, when the only news is the continuing absence of whatever the story’s about. Not our territory anyway, try the Sundays. Maybe they’ll run a little ‘Whatever Happened to “Whatever Happened to the Dolphins”’ story in a couple of years, around August. But what’s anybody going to do now? ‘Dolphins still gone’? ‘Continuing Dolphin Absence’? ‘Dolphins - Further Days Without Them’? The story dies, Arthur. It lies down and kicks its little feet in the air and presently goes to the great golden spike in the sky, my old fruitbat.”

It sounds like the reasoning is similar here -- there's just not much to say that hasn't already been said for the past nine months. If someone puts a Goatse sign on their lawn, people are going to have plenty to say about it, but what commentary can you make about it still being up a year later? At some point, you just end up repeating yourself ad nauseum. So I can appreciate the logic in Kim deciding there are other things about the house more worth focusing on.

Hell, I made more than 30 posts here last winter on MT, in five or six different threads. And I feel like I said all I have to say back then.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:12 pm Reply with quote
@pikrodafni

Post removed. Very inappropriate comment! Let's keep the forum healthy, respectful and clean~!
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I wrote this show off about 3 episodes into its first season, but tentatively went back to give it another shot when bored (some time after the first season had ended), and was pleased to find that .. for the most part .. it has introduced more meaningful writing and fantasy elements and has been a fair bit less (with a few very notable exceptions) aggressive with, uh, Rudy making explicit pedophilic insinuations or crappy sexual assault gags.

The Elinalise scene bothered me a lot less than that stuff. I mean -- that won't certainly be for everyone, I am not sure it really helps with the story at all, and it definitely made me think, "Wow, the mangaka of this was really, really horny", but no gross ethical boundaries were harmed in the making of that scene (just the little witch's eyes). It certainly was "Vulgarity and Debauchery", but it was just that, thankfully.

Kim's decision to only focus on this stuff when it is unusually egregious, novel, or distracting or some such in context makes sense to me. While, on occasion, the show has Rudy do gross things and frames them as harmless gags (which is still not OK), it does feel like wasted breath to focus on it every episode, except where it is unexpectedly severe.
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:32 pm Reply with quote
SenpaiDuckie wrote:
@pikrodafni

Post removed. Very inappropriate comment! Let's keep the forum healthy, respectful and clean~!

Sorry I wasn't aware I was breaking a rule,I just talked about what happened,I didn't mean to offend anyone.I just brought it up because I've seen a lot of slut shaming concerning that particular character when from my pov she isn't doing anything particularly wrong, she's just more "open" about some stuff compared to others.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Talk of sexual content aside (Theron was worried about this BTW) I just made the connection that Ghislaine was "of the Doldia" and she had a "demon eye" as well as being a beast-woman. Just as it seemed an unlikely coincidence that the gang wound up in Roxie's home town first thing, now we may see a connection to Ghislaine before long. Maybe a reunion?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:50 pm Reply with quote
It was nice to get some Ghislaine backstory and to see how far Eris has come as a character. It turns out she and her mentor were surprisingly alike in their younger years, and now Eris is a teacher.

I'm glad Geese has joined the party. He seems like a cool dude.

Rudy totally jinxed himself assuming they're not going to encounter any of those Gods.
BananaNutella

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Solid episode this week as well!

I wish they expanded just a tad more on the sacred beast and gave Geese some more screentime, but I'll live.

I am personally super (very very very very) excited for the next few episodes. I've been waiting years to see certain scenes animated!

Till next episode!
Telu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Me watching this week's episode:

So good.

The only bad thing is that the people working on this series are hyping the episode 16 and 17, so i can't wait.

Will it be another turning point?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11