• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Part

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:39 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
jr240483 wrote:
well if you really want to know, spoiler[ both of them were killed after being teleported in a nation that was at war. worse is that she was meant to be the concubine to a perverted uncle and to prevent that (also she had accepted her feelings for him) she gave her virginity to rudy but then dunp her to become a sword god (because a certain dragon god wants rudy dead due to him being friends with the man god aka hitogami) leaving him SO emotionally scarred that he got ED! ]

so dont feel bad for eris. hell, by the end of this season, that tsundere may end up just as unlikable as that former perverted otaku!

The way you phrased the spoilers is so baity i don't even know what to say...

this was on purpose. otherwise some mods would literately go off the deep end if i had went into full detail on certain spoiler materials.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
09jcg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Telu wrote:
Me watching this week's episode:

So good.

The only bad thing is that the people working on this series are hyping the episode 16 and 17, so i can't wait.

Will it be another turning point?
Yeah, the next couple of episodes should really be a big deal. Volumes 5 and 6 of the light novel are two of the most important books out of the 13 LNs I've read so we should really be on a roller coaster for the remainder of the season.
Penrhos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:16 am Reply with quote
Pity they cut out the bit from the LN where Rudy was trying to fly and ended up freezing a load of water & monsters in a panic when he crash landed and nearly killed himself...

Nice to See Eris get some character development - She is just like Ghislaine so there's hope for her development yet.

As for Elinalise - it's not "the oldest profession" - spoiler[it's a curse, this will be explained a lot later down the line].

As for Rudy and his "perversions" - the whole MT world is full of perverts and people with high sex-drives, some are a lot more questionable than Rudy, but he does improve a bit. spoiler[ But he's still a pervert until the day he dies ].

Was Rudy triggering a red flag with that last comment - time will tell.

[Added spoiler tags. Errinundra.]
09jcg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:28 am Reply with quote
Penrhos wrote:
Pity they cut out the bit from the LN where Rudy was trying to fly and ended up freezing a load of water & monsters in a panic when he crash landed and nearly killed himsel
So this bit sort of got decannonized when the web novel got made into the light novel; its not part of the published books and is one of the few differences between the LN and WN
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:05 am Reply with quote
Penrhos wrote:
As for Elinalise - it's not "the oldest profession" - spoiler[it's a curse, this will be explained a lot later down the line.]

Nobody said it has anything to do with that and I know about Elinalise's circumstances,you don't have to post spoilers to prove a point.

[Spoiler tags added to the original post (and to this one). Errinundra.]
Flash xd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:31 am Reply with quote
pikrodafni wrote:
Not the characters ofc,I meant the actual audience.

Like I said (jokingly), I don't think anyone here is getting as much as Elinalise.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:48 am Reply with quote
i will just repeat myself..mqnga readers sgould be particularly careful about posting spoilers, both because the manga adapted some things wrong and because the manga is pretty behind and some of the things get elaborated more later, for example regarding elinalise, English translated ln readers could have figured out by now that spoiler[ the curse only needs her to have sex once per month, but it starts hurting at the two weeks mark,.what the curse did was give her the need of having sex regularly, unlike whatever the other full elven do] and then there are reasons for it that only have been hinted to ln readers.

back to the episode, i was expecting this to get skipped, i am really glad it did not as we got that delicious parallel between eris and ghislaine, a.glimpse of girl ghislaine and a cameo by the sword god (?). i love how eveybody irl got confused by the duel.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:48 am Reply with quote
No mentioning of the spirit animal playing an important role later on in some way or that stone with all of the great warriors on it?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:09 pm Reply with quote
PonSquared wrote:
No mentioning of the spirit animal playing an important role later on in some way or that stone with all of the great warriors on it?

spoiler[It's very far into the story it appears again, and even then nothing major(I think, who're up to date on the Japanese novels might correct me on that?), nowhere near the current English translation of the novels. A guess is it'll have a more major role to play in the planned sequel mentioned by the author.]
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Glad the show is back. Was trying to get my fix with the manga, but the current arc is less interesting than everything going on right now. The story is at its best with Rudy growing up, exploring the world and encountering new things. Maybe the anime is poised to go further than the manga is right now? I'm hoping so...
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:16 am Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
Maybe the anime is poised to go further than the manga is right now? I'm hoping so...

At least not this season. spoiler[Manga is at the academy arc already , and that's far too ahead for the scope of this.]
Kibako

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:23 am Reply with quote
Great episode, I cried everytime I reread this part of the novel and just cried again when watching this episode.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Could've done without the panties scene, but the "family squabble" was great. Rudy has been pretty negligent and kind of selfishly immediate-small-group-absorbed, and it's good to both have it pointed out to him, and to see that realization meaningfully affect him.
Telu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16:

I have no words to say something about today's episode.

literally a 5 minutes episode.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:32 am Reply with quote
Ep12 English Dub- The dubs resume for Part 2 thankfully but I regret to inform that Ms Marchi, as good as she has been in other shows, doing Kishirika Kishirisu had nowhere near as good a delivery as Ms Iguchi. Not sure what happened in that sequence with Rudeus, maybe voice direction problem, but the lines were hard to make out first time around even though I knew them beforehand.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11