• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Runa Narumi Leaves SoundOrion Unit, Which Then Cancels Album, Events

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amiantos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
My bad, yeah the chatlogs between her, the ex and i cant say the current gf cause everything has gone on lockdown about it is pretty nasty yeah.

Figure I should clarify here is that the exbf just wanted to be friends with benefits to which initially it seems she agreed to which is bad enough but then tried to blackmail the current gf of her ex trying to have her break it off with him and threatening self harm...its honestly a cycle of mess where no one comes out on top and every gets torpedoed. 3/4 of the people are not good people in this situation. Even the current/ex bf? has been kinda memeing it up.
Niyari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:57 pm Reply with quote
a real life Sekai. noice
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Boy, this thread is sure a wild ride.
Sounds like she's a pretty awful person.
I think the main villains here are Runa and the Entrepreneur.
The GF didn't handle it all well but, well, she was being emotionally blackmailed and threatened so I can understand her reaction.
I feel awful for the streamer bf in that he's had a pattern of being cheated on. He's probably doing memes partially to help cope, but it's a bit lousy to try and cash in on it... Though, I guess if anyone is gonna cash in, it's best the victim does it.

Jeez.
BonusStage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:
Finally, I will say something somewhat controversial here: Unless she had committed a crime, her absurd/vile behavior should bear no professional consequence. This is a personal matter not a professional matter.

While I normally agree, this wasn't just someone expressing an opinion that some people took issue with. Being a VA and singer is all about reputation. She was a guest at various promotional events for her characters to help promote the various franchises she worked with. The thing is her characters and herself probably will not have many fans anymore after all of this because something like this ruins your reputation which makes your and by extension your characters and music unmarketable. It's unavoidable something like this would affect her professional career.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Poor guy, I'm kinda surprised he didn't do anything to her, especially after what happened to him before. At some point it's gotta be enough.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Sound Orion’s album was like 10 days from release won’t she be held liable for at least some of the wasted launch pressing costs?
Surely CDs would be pressed by now

The signing event on the 3rd must have had 250 copies at least - I have a post from Momoyo Koyama which don’t know if I’ll get now
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:31 pm Reply with quote
BonusStage wrote:
Hellsoldier wrote:
Finally, I will say something somewhat controversial here: Unless she had committed a crime, her absurd/vile behavior should bear no professional consequence. This is a personal matter not a professional matter.

While I normally agree, this wasn't just someone expressing an opinion that some people took issue with. Being a VA and singer is all about reputation. She was a guest at various promotional events for her characters to help promote the various franchises she worked with. The thing is her characters and herself probably will not have many fans anymore after all of this because something like this ruins your reputation which makes your and by extension your characters and music unmarketable. It's unavoidable something like this would affect her professional career.

While I understand this, and while I can understand how this affects the fandom, I find that this tight connection between profession, fandom and personal life is one of the most poisonous aspects of Japanese Popular Culture. Quite honestly, I'm not happy with anyone here (the (ex-)boyfriend bearing no blame on this, of course). Literally nobody. Not her, not the guy, not the guys girlfriend (though her behavior is largely understandable... largely, not entirely), not the Netizens. No one.

Last edited by Hellsoldier on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nate148

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:46 pm Reply with quote
This thread is making me sick NOTHING justifies an internet counter attack or Doxing a person or making private drama public. No one is right here and I have a bad feeling I know how this will end and that makes me more sick.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Post removed. We can stop the spiteful comments right now. No one here knows the intimate details of these people's lives. None of us are in a position to make judgements upon them.

Any further spiteful, judgemental posts will be removed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:55 pm Reply with quote
This does leave a question though. If an album was already made, what will its fate be then? Will it remain stashed in a vault like several recordings by notable and less notable acts? Will it eventually be released? Will it be destroyed? It's bound to be lost media, it seems.

Nate148 wrote:
This thread is making me sick NOTHING justifies an internet counter attack or Doxing a person or making private drama public. No one is right here and I have a bad feeling I know how this will end and that makes me more sick.

I think I said it before and I'll say it again: Were this done by a man, things would've been different. Specially with the degree of detail regarding the intimate aspects of this. This was meant to humiliate, pure and simple.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:
This does leave a question though. If an album was already made, what will its fate be then? Will it remain stashed in a vault like several recordings by notable and less notable acts? Will it eventually be released? Will it be destroyed? It's bound to be lost media, it seems.

Nate148 wrote:

I think I said it before and I'll say it again: Were this done by a man, things would've been different. Specially with the degree of detail regarding the intimate aspects of this. This was meant to humiliate, pure and simple.

That's my point - the Sound Orion Album march was supposed to release on October 27 so you would 'assume' at this point the CD's have been duplicated and are ready to be distributed. I find that retailers normally get their stock like 3 - 4 days before release so they can prepare shipments for day of release shipment.

There was a signing event with all 5 members on the 3rd October with those who preordered.

As the artwork of the poster is now "old" artwork with her being removed from the group are they just going to shred the posters or let the people who asked for them send them out ?
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:54 pm Reply with quote
^

I think not selling the album is going to constitute an economic loss, really. Taking into account all you've mentioned... I think they might eventually release the albums with new artwork. They could perhaps release a version with her removed from he mix, but I think that could be costly.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:35 pm Reply with quote
The announcement said there would be significant revisions to the labum so I think dropping her from the mix is likely.

The question is will they go on as just 4 or get a new member from within the ranks of Stardust.

If it's delayed I'm OK with that but I do want the poster as I managed to get one signed by Momomoyo Koyama. Whe Gamers run Sound Orion web sign events they let you pick the member who signs your item and those slots sell out FAST!.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:21 am Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
The announcement said there would be significant revisions to the labum so I think dropping her from the mix is likely.

The question is will they go on as just 4 or get a new member from within the ranks of Stardust.

If it's delayed I'm OK with that but I do want the poster as I managed to get one signed by Momomoyo Koyama. Whe Gamers run Sound Orion web sign events they let you pick the member who signs your item and those slots sell out FAST!.

Yeah, I suspected that much. They wouldn't throw a entire album to the waste bin just like that. With that said, anyone who can grab one of the discs sent for destruction will be in possession of a rarity.
Moses34

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:

The degree of detail was due to the GF leaking everything directly as opposed to the usual "being spotted with someone", as for the whole being canceled and blacklisted from everything, this JUST happened some months ago to a man and he's lost a ton of roles just the same, even with no detail other than "cheated lol".
person#14071
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3