• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mob Psycho 100 Anime Gets 3rd Season With New Director

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:53 pm Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
Still waiting for season 2 to go to Toonami.
I hope for this as well. My husband and I couldn't keep waiting and finally watched the dub off of Crunchyroll, but we both want to re-watch it on Toonami like what we did with Season 1. With two spots opening on the block in the next couple of weeks (replacements for Black Clover and Fena; seems like Blade Runner: Black Lotus is going to end up replacing MHA), it'd be nice if one of those spots would be filled by S2 (and Assassination Classroom S2, while I'm sharing my hopes).
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I wonder if the entire series will get animated at this pace?
Suxinn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh jeez, I am so happy at this news! I was afraid that they'd just leave the show after season 2 since it was final enough to be an ending, but I'm glad to hear that they'll be adapting the rest! Especially since this series has one of my favorite endings ever in the history of manga, I'm very excited to see it animated, and for other folks to experience it as well!
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, we know what the best anime of 2022 is likely going to be. And to think that people thought that Bones wouldn't animate the entire series when the news that the manga was ending dropped a few years back. I had faith that such a well crafted and passionately made adaptation would see it through to the end. Now get Season 2 on Toonami so more people can experience Mob Psycho's greatness while you are at it.
Xe4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:03 am Reply with quote
Awesome! S1 & S2 were excellent, all things considered. Looking forward to finishing it off.

Agent355 wrote:
I was sure that the Mob anime adapted all its source material! I’m so glad to be wrong! (I should have asked manga readers). What a wonderful surprise! Really looking forward to watching this!

The world domination arc would've been an awful place to end the manga, so I'm glad ONE had the good sense not to.

Not to hype S3 too much, but the true ending of the series is much better than the ending of the claw arc, both in content and in regard to the themes of the series/show.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I definitely wasn't expecting Mob to get a new season mostly because the last season ended more than two years ago and I didn't think there was enough material left to adapt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3