• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: My Senpai Is Annoying

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Futaba and Takeda are really cute, but I need my daily dose of adult, wholesome, Kazama and Sakurai development.

Kazama.exe shutting down when she assumed Sakurai was dating her little brother over said little brother just playing around was hilarious.

Also, Yui Horie playing Saori Hayami's little brother is hilarious.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:27 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Futaba and Takeda are really cute, but I need my daily dose of adult, wholesome, Kazama and Sakurai development.

Kazama.exe shutting down when she assumed Sakurai was dating her little brother over said little brother just playing around was hilarious.

God, that was hilarious. And I was so confused when the little bro was suddenly taller than Toko. I laughed hard when it was him walking on a wall.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

The developing relationship between Futaba's senpai and grandfather is amusing, but it does bring up the issue that her potential romantic interest is very similar to her grandfather in many ways.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I love Takeda respecting Futaba's autonomy and begrudgingly growing on Futaba's grandpa as they compete in the most ridiculous competitions.

The grandap learning about modern relationships from Your Name is hilarious.

Also them giving the prizes to the boy was really sweet.

What happened to Futaba's parents? It seems like her grandfather's been raising her since she was a very young child.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:19 pm Reply with quote
What an odd and out of sorts review. I noticed the point in the flashbacks where the doting but distant grandfather became a clingy grandfather, I can't impossibly imagine what could have happened.
"It could be because the comedy was a bit more one-note and less subtle compared to previous ones."
Yeah, yeah, that would be part of it, I guess. Also, maybe it was too subtle. I'm pretty sure the audience was supposed to realize that Futaba was the only family the grandfather had left. "Eccentric"... At first.... yes I guess... but as you noticed the guy's reluctance to go back home that maybe you'd feel something other than "ha, ha, funny"? Sizing up the guy like her father, dishing out gossip like her mother, thinking about her friend like an older sister, he's not just the only family she has, he's the entire family rolled into one big package.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Nice Natsumi focus and seeing how she and Futaba became friends, along with some cute couple moments from the main pairings during the flower viewing party.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:29 am Reply with quote
I wanted to compare this episode to the manga, but couldn't find the chapter. Things seem to be shuffled a bit, so that didn't help.

I wonder if there was an issue with the animation when Kazama got called out on staring at Sakurai's chest. There was literally no reaction or movement, which seemed odd.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
She very much reminds her of how she used to be so she's happy being that adult anchor for him so that he doesn't experience the same type of lethargy that she did when she was his age.

Should be "He very much" at the start of that sentence. Lotta pronouns in that sentence, so I see how the mind up could happen.

And I found Takeda's honesty about liking big boobs really refreshing. Like, of course he finds it attractive. But choosing a partner for reasons besides just their physical traits is a level of maturity that frankly a lot of people don't ever reach.

Same with how Sakurai teases, but is ultimately OK with Kazama ogling her because she's clearly into him, too. When she nearly broke his neck for looking at the wrong pair, I was on the ground howling.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I wanted to compare this episode to the manga, but couldn't find the chapter....

Does the manga have as much ecchi fan services as Episode 9?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:46 am Reply with quote
Pool episode! The girls all looked stunning in their bikini's, and while Futaba can't quite measure up to Natsumi and Sakurai, she looked pretty cute too.

I love how most girls are like "my eyes are up here" while Sakurai is all "I have boobs too!" when she sees Kazama's eyes straying. Not that I blame him.

Girls sure love doting on Shota's...lucky Yuto.

Takeda appreciates Futaba's qualities of character but still Kouhai-zones her.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't see Takeda as having armor, as in a self-protective shield, so much as he's simply without affectation. There's nothing there to break through. What you see is what there is. Since he's already a peeled egg, there's no "cracking" him, and we and his coworkers will just have to wait until his feelings develop organically.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:

Does the manga have as much ecchi fan services as Episode 9?

No, the rest of the series is a better representation for the majority of the manga content.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:04 am Reply with quote
It was neat seeing Tsukishiro outside her work clothes. Not even Takeda recognized her. And she was understanding enough to leave when Futaba started getting jealous.

Kazama taking his licks to get in with his future brother-in-law.

I was wondering if Futaba was actually good at basketball, but her hitting Takeda and herself with the ball was priceless.

Not surprized Kazama and Natsumi got a little competitive...or that Sakurai would call foul on another girls' boobs getting pressed against Kazama. Although her boobs are the only ones he can achieve Nirvana with.

I love how Sakurai basically admits she and Kazama are dating since she said she wanted to spend time with him.

Poor Futaba. Did everything right, still has barely grown.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Have not seen developing couples act this shy and awkward since Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You. At this rate we will need a second cour to get anyone to admit that they like someone.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:38 am Reply with quote
Time for a New Year's Episode!

I love how Sakurai uses her brother as an excuse to bring Kazama to her apartment for New Years but then Yuto has to bail and she's left alone with them. And then they basically just spend it like a couple.

Futaba in a kimono! She looked great.

Natsumi with that strong wingwoman energy and smirk.

Tsukishiro has strong gacha energy.

It was nice to see Takeda flustered for once when it comes to his feelings for Futaba.

I don't know what was more funny, Kazama and Sakurai getting seen on live TV as the couple they really are, Kazama airing Futaba's love life on live TV, or Futaba running in a kimono to beat the snot out of Kazama, also on live TV. But I guess it was worth it for Kazama to get a lap pillow and kiss from Sakurai...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3