• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hideaki Anno Supervises Remastered Shin Complete Thunderbirds TV Compilation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:16 am Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
luisedgarf wrote:
Seems that Anno really loves to put a "Shin" to everything: Shin Evangelion, Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, Shin Kamen Rider. What's next, Shin Super Sentai? Shin Gamera? Laughing

Shin Super Sentai (or, more specifically, Shin Gorenger) seems inevitable at this point. Maybe around 2025/2026 for the 50th anniversary.

I really hope so. I really do.

All things considered, I’d trust Anno to do a live action Thunderbirds that was better than the Thunderbirds movie we actually got.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
SOS, Mr. Tracy the Western world is falling…
SOS, International Rescue hear us calling…

Yeah, the song is from Terrahawks but it’s a big Thunderbirds reference. Thunderbirds and Japan have always had a friendly relationship admittedly.
Remember when Shoji Kawamori designed Thunderbird Shadow for the remake?

Also Anno really is living his best life post-EVA.

Hahaha! That song was terrible! the singer has completely disowned it at a fan convention a few years back.

I blame my dad for my interest in thunderbirds, that and a really bad NES port that went under the radar when I was a kid.

I did pick up a Thunderbird Pachislo from 2003 recently.. I'd attach a picture but these forums are still running software from 1993.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2