• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spy×Family Domestic Spy Comedy Manga Gets TV Anime in 2022

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Wit studio has always been phenomenal, Cloverworks not so much.

Still, I am looking forward to this one as a massive fan of the manga
vanishingblood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:28 pm Reply with quote
It was obvious this was happening when Hell's Paradise was announced to get one, but really lame we got a trailer for this first.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I saw this coming a mile away a welcomed sight.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see this officially confirmed! Key visuals, Eguchi, and teaser look good.

Not sure what to expect from a collaboration between Cloveworks and WIT but I hope it delivers.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Who do you think could license this?
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, the manga will be back in print by then.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I haven't gotten around to reading this, but I've heard lots of praise for it, so I'm looking forward to checking this out when it premiers

Ryuji-Dono wrote:

Funi seems like the most likely candidate
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:34 pm Reply with quote
We all knew this announcement was coming, especially after they registered the domain name "Spy Family.net". But I definitely wasn't expecting this to be a collaboration between Cloverworks and Studio Wit.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:46 pm Reply with quote
For anyone who's thinking "wow, people seem really hyped about this"? The Spy x Family manga was selling over a million copies per volume by the end of its first year. By that metric, I think it literally had the most successful manga debut ever. I can only guess at what the anime will do to its sales figures.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:51 pm Reply with quote
The manga is so damn good, so I hope that, at the very least, this adaptation does it justice.

I also hope that my current dream Nendoroid, Anya Forger, is pushed closer to reality thanks to this anime. Imagine the faceplate possibilities!

Last edited by R. Kasahara on Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honeyman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:53 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Happy to see this officially confirmed! Key visuals, Eguchi, and teaser look good.

Not sure what to expect from a collaboration between Cloveworks and WIT but I hope it delivers.

I'm surprised they only announced Loid's VA (I thought they might at least confirm the voice actors for the main three characters). We'll hear who they are soon enough and I guess there's fun to be had in guessing who will voice Yoru and Anya.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
By that metric, I think it literally had the most successful manga debut ever. I can only guess at what the anime will do to its sales figures.

I can't speak about if it was the best of all time, but its fellow Shonen Jump+ series Kaiju No. 8 actually outdid it the following year with its first volume, and both have already become take-off hits without any anime adaptation. SXF currenly has 7 volumes out in Japan and 12.5 million copies in circulation. For comparison, Dr. Stone has about 10 million in circulation despite running twice as long and have 3x as many volumes in print.
AZLeafCat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:

Toho Animation, rather than Aniplex JP, uploaded the PV, so the production committee is likely led by Toho.

https://youtu.be/h_iYEoLmgww

I agree that Funimation Global Group is the most likely licensor (as CloverWorks’ involvement should still give it the edge) and it’s likely the Anime would also be simulcasted on Crunchyroll (if Funimation gets it) to maximize the number of markets Funimation has it in.

Still, I definitely wouldn’t rule out Netflix given that other Toho series (Beastars, BNA, Takagi-san S2) have been licensed to Netflix.
OmegaE50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:58 pm Reply with quote
This world is about to witness the greatness of an animated Anya
Bow to your new gremlin child overlord
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:15 pm Reply with quote
AZLeafCat wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:

Toho Animation, rather than Aniplex JP, uploaded the PV, so the production committee is likely led by Toho.

https://youtu.be/h_iYEoLmgww

I agree that Funimation Global Group is the most likely licensor (as CloverWorks’ involvement should still give it the edge) and it’s likely the Anime would also be simulcasted on Crunchyroll (if Funimation gets it) to maximize the number of markets Funimation has it in.

Still, I definitely wouldn’t rule out Netflix given that other Toho series (Beastars, BNA, Takagi-san S2) have been licensed to Netflix.

I agree, but given Disney's latest announcement, there's some chance they could get this too to maximize the anime content at their disposal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4