• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Infamous Godzilla x Hamtaro Double-Screening Returns, Complete With New Figures

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
There should be a new Hamtaro anime for Netflix.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
…I kind of want one of those.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they're doing it again if only for making me aware that it ever happened.
CastMember1991 wrote:

You asked for: Netflix Hamtaro live action version coming soon!!!!
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
I'm glad they're doing it again if only for making me aware that it ever happened.
CastMember1991 wrote:

No, I’m talking about an anime. Same voice cast, same studio, same visual style.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I'll take things I didn't know I
needed until I received it for $2000 LeVar Burton.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I want somebody to license rescue the original TV series and put it out on BR, both the English and Japanese versions. Yoohoo, Discotek!! This has your name on it!!
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:51 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Personally, I want somebody to license rescue the original TV series and put it out on BR, both the English and Japanese versions. Yoohoo, Discotek!! This has your name on it!!
I could sing that English OP & ED all day!
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:33 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

I've been saying the same thing for a while now, praying that my wishes reach the ears of Mr. Discotek someday.

ZelosZoidberg wrote:
I could sing that English OP & ED all day!

Same here, but include Japanese too.
Hamtaro's one of those series with iconic songs in both English and Japanese, lol. Cool
Porudogumaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember who, but someone on Twitter was looking for recomendations for anine suitable for little kids and Hantaro would be absolutely perfect for that demographic. It was for me when I was little. Maybe Discotek could get the license for the dub and sub (and maybe try dubbing some more of it *wink* *wink*), or get the license to one of the later CGI Hamtaro series if subbing all 290+ episodes of the original would be too large an endeavor, which would be understandable.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Same here, but include Japanese too.
Hamtaro's one of those series with iconic songs in both English and Japanese, lol. Cool
Yeah I like when both of the original and english OP/ED are both bangers. Just more nostalgic for the english version since it was on Toonami which was probably their weirdest selection for a show back in the day. And yeah if you're listening Discotek and/or RetroCrush this would be a great show to release.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:53 pm Reply with quote
It is odd Discotek hasn't picked up Hamtaro, especially as it's a TMS production. Though, I think ShoPro is the licensor.

Whoever has the rights is definitely leaving money on the table, not just in terms of the anime, but also merch. There's no reason Hamtaro couldn't be a cute mascot character like we've seen from Sanrio and San-X.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:11 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
It is odd Discotek hasn't picked up Hamtaro, especially as it's a TMS production. Though, I think ShoPro is the licensor.

Whoever has the rights is definitely leaving money on the table, not just in terms of the anime, but also merch. There's no reason Hamtaro couldn't be a cute mascot character like we've seen from Sanrio and San-X.

Same thing with the Tama & Friends franchise from Sony. Heck, Sony especially missed an opportunity to make Tama their answer to the RCA dog mascot Nipper when they created the character. But, that's another beef for another post.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:

Are you sure?

FireChick wrote:

For a while, I've kinda been wondering why the show hasn't been license-rescued by Discotek or another anime publisher.

Porudogumaz wrote:
Maybe Discotek could get the license for the dub and sub (and maybe try dubbing some more of it *wink* *wink*), or get the license to one of the later CGI Hamtaro series if subbing all 290+ episodes of the original would be too large an endeavor, which would be understandable.

To be fair, Disotek has subbed all 203 episodes of Reborn and all 358 episodes of Sgt. Frog, so I don't think subbing all 296 episodes of the original Hamtaro would be a problem for them.

Primus wrote:

I agree. Hamtaro has the potential to do well as a mascot character.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:35 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Kicksville wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:

No, I’m talking about an anime. Same voice cast, same studio, same visual style.

If Netflix does do a new Hamtaro anime, it's very likely they would record it completely in Los Angles and recast everyone with new voice actors based unless they do something like what they did with Yashahime and Shaman King 2021 were some of the voice cast is new but some of the original voice actors return to reprise their roles for some of their characters. Because in the Netflix Post Partner (NP3) website they don't list ANY of the Vancouver recording studios (e.g. Ocean Productions) listed in the Dubbing Partners section.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:18 am Reply with quote
Should be Hamtaro meets Godzilla Laughing

Too bad it has Moneca Stori's only other voice character of note
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1