• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals The Vampire Dies in No Time Anime's English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:11 am Reply with quote
I guess funimation is trying to start dubbing one new show every week. Not a terrible strategy honestly.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:04 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
I guess funimation is trying to start dubbing one new show every week. Not a terrible strategy honestly.

Funimation's Latinamerican branch has created a segment called "Jueves de doblaje" (Dub Thursdays) in which every thursday they premiere a new Neutral Spanish dub for different anime, they normally premiere 2 or 3 shows once a week. They have done dubs for old shows that haven't been dubbed into Spanish like Black Butler, they also made new dubs for shows that already had been dubbed like Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (though they managed to bring back some of the original voices), news shows like Super Cub and Horimiya got dubbed, and Funi has managed to license dubs made by other companies for anime like Sword Art Online and Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, among others.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:36 am Reply with quote
Seems like a pretty solid cast for a comedy dub and Frank Todaro's accent for Draluc in the preview clip is surprisingly effective.

Also Jad Saxton directing something with her husband (?) Justin Duncan, apparently. That's cool.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:16 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Seems like a pretty solid cast for a comedy dub and Frank Todaro's accent for Draluc in the preview clip is surprisingly effective.

Also Jad Saxton directing something with her husband (?) Justin Duncan, apparently. That's cool.

I watched the first episode, and the accent works pretty well. No issues with it making lines harder to understand, and considering the tone of the show, the otherwise very hammy "I'm a vampire, bleh" accent actually works.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Off-topic posts removed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ab2143

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I will probably watch the dub once this season has ended
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Frank has been collecting a large amount of roles in a very brief window for Funimation's latest dubs for the winter season. I'm planning on watching the first episode of the dub this evening.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 am Reply with quote
The Vampire Dies in No Time has been one of my favorite shows this season though it seems like not a lot of AniTwitter was watching it subbed but now it looks like it's getting more attention with it being dubbed. John the Armadillo is easily the highlight of the show and is always adorable in every scene he's in. I'm looking forward to checking out this dub and it looks like a solid cast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1