• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Super Crooks

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the show overall, but I felt a clear distinction between the final arc after the time skip and the rest of the show. After finishing it and seeing that was the only thing the source material was made sense.

I wouldn't say the "prologue" part of the series wasn't worth making, but I agree with James that it might have been a better show overall if they just did a 4-6 episode adaptation of the original comic and left it at that.

Kasey's twist at the end was predictable, but I wouldn't have put it past this kind of show to also have that not be the case either, so it was still a good sequence.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...and the story even manages to find an interesting use for Gladiator, who is saved as a secret weapon until the very last minute so he can beat the ever-loving shit out of The Praetorian.

And in order for that to mean anything, don't you have to have the entire series? I can imagine Millar trying to sell it in his "In A World of Black and White violence, gray has no place" way but normal people need more context.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2