• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CAPTCHA Loop

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I respond to new post notification on a different device with a browser VPN, and am asked for CAPTCHA verification. Sometimes it behaves more as a "Kafka verification", with every use of the [Preview] button resulting in a new verification request, and the post disappearing into the ether with the use of the [Submit] button. Is this a problem with my browser (Opera Version:81.0.4196.60), with the CAPTCHA service, or with ANN's setup?

P.S. I know when it asks for "buses" to not click on the picture of the Airbus airliner, and when it asks for "boats" to click on the picture of the ship. Wink

P.P.S. Who is the character with below-waist length white hair and a blue dress that appears at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:15 am Reply with quote
I'll try to look into it although it can be hard if I never get any captcha.

Piglet the Grate wrote:
P.P.S. Who is the character with below-waist length white hair and a blue dress that appears at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page?

NINA!
If you haven't read the comic yet, you're in for a treat! Smile
animenewsnetwork.com/anime-news-nina/2007-10-24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:29 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda late, but I took another look at this and tweaked the security rules so I *think* it shouldn't happen again.

But if someone else gets these several captchas in a row, please post here; now I know what to look for and with your IP address I'll be able to find what rule is being triggered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1