Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rent-A-Girlfriend Anime Season 2's Teaser Unveils July Premiere




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
09jcg



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Posts: 306
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:39 am Reply with quote
If there was ever a show that could use an anime original ending, this would be it....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soulwarfare



Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:43 am Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
If there was ever a show that could use an anime original ending, this would be it....


True...

I feel like each chapter of the manga either adds nothing to the plot or is just dragging something that could be done in 3-5 chapters to like 20 chapters. Heck the author did a chapter where it was pretty much hentai...

The anime should just end it in season 2 for the love of god
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 13265
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:59 am Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
09jcg wrote:
If there was ever a show that could use an anime original ending, this would be it....


True...

I feel like each chapter of the manga either adds nothing to the plot or is just dragging something that could be done in 3-5 chapters to like 20 chapters. Heck the author did a chapter where it was pretty much hentai...

The anime should just end it in season 2 for the love of god

That said hentai chapter was boundary-pushing for what a weekly shounen mag would allow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MagicPolly



Joined: 26 Nov 2020
Posts: 858
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am Reply with quote
I don't read the manga but after the outcry I read the newest chapter and man, I have to hope they do an original ending with this season too lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
09jcg



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Posts: 306
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:23 am Reply with quote
The thing is, the manga actually has a really good natural stopping point. They just wouldn't let it end though and keep on milking this. After this season they should just make a movie adaptation of the film arc and put this to bed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2826
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:09 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I don't read the manga but after the outcry I read the newest chapter and man, I have to hope they do an original ending with this season too lol

The reason for the outcry (warning, heavy spoiler) spoiler[He gets a hard on imagining his 'girlfriends' getting 'done' by others. Meanwhile, his own progress in relationships is a round zero after +200 chapters...]
It has nice art, and considering its 'popularity' there are times when I think I really should give it a chance. And then I read the current chapter of the time, and realize why I never did give it a chance those previous times...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angel M Cazares
Subscriber



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4946
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:
I don't read the manga but after the outcry I read the newest chapter and man, I have to hope they do an original ending with this season too lol

The reason for the outcry (warning, heavy spoiler) spoiler[He gets a hard on imagining his 'girlfriends' getting 'done' by others. Meanwhile, his own progress in relationships is a round zero after +200 chapters...]
It has nice art, and considering its 'popularity' there are times when I think I really should give it a chance. And then I read the current chapter of the time, and realize why I never did give it a chance those previous times...

So fans don't like spoiler[NTR content]. How weird.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2826
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
So fans don't like spoiler[NTR content]. How weird.

Considering how popular the manga is(I'd really like to know why?) seems a lot of fans do or at least don't mind it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 4191
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Definitely emphasizing what fans enjoy the most (the girls), although I'm kind of amazed they actually had Sumi getting out his name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiibi



Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 4503
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Chizuru's backstory is actually pretty engaging and the strongest parts of the manga, emotionally. So season 2 should be rather solid. You know....before the manga really went downhill after those events. Rolling Eyes

(Sumi is still best girl Crying or Very sad )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rickyc



Joined: 15 Jan 2022
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:
So fans don't like spoiler[NTR content]. How weird.

Considering how popular the manga is(I'd really like to know why?) seems a lot of fans do or at least don't mind it...


As someone who reads the manga, I can only say, personally, I don't like spoiler[NTR content] but when you are 200+ chapters into a manga, I just find it really hard to stop. I have to know what happens. Razz

As to the rest of this thread, yes, it just needs to end after a season two and a movie. The manga goes downhill real quick and drags things way out.

Also agree, Sumi is best girl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiggity



Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 356
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:38 am Reply with quote
Yaaaasssss!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group