• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shout! Factory Offers Replacements for Neon Genesis Evangelion Anime BD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
09jcg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:25 pm Reply with quote
v_i wrote:
TJ_Kat wrote:
What do you need for proof of purchase; the form doesn't specify. RightStuf doesn't pack invoices in with their shipments anymore and I don't think just taking a picture would prove anything.

If you ordered online, you should have gotten an email confirmation from Right Stuf. That will likely work.
That's exactly what I did for my collectors edition and I got a confirmation message from shoutfactory saying jt went through.

As for the ultimate edition version, I also got an email back in November saying it was being delayed with a potential ship date in January. Seeing as how we're almost at the end of January, I hope they send out another update soon.

Considering this is a major prestiege release, GKIDS really should have handled thos whole thing better. I can live with the delays, but busted disc's and the lack of updates is annoying
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Surprised that RightStuf didn't say anything. In the past I've seen them handle replacements for exclusives or at least alert customers.

I don't recall them notifying me about the Funimation Akira HDR replacement after the 4K SDR edition was quickly replaced with the HDR version.
DanielW1995

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:56 pm Reply with quote
NickPG wrote:
The UK All The Anime disc 5 is the same, when will we be hearing about a recall/replacement from them?

That is very worrying. It seems like some others here I still haven’t opened my ultimate edition from AllTheAnime that has been delivered. Is yours the ultimate or collectors edition? we’ve obviously all spent a lot of money on these releases so it’s disappointing that something like this has happened, even if it is relatively small by comparison to how big it could’ve been. Do you think they will get back to us if people email all the anime directly or are they not providing replacement discs yet if the ultimate edition for the UK has the same problem?
Amano07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I've got the UK Ultimate edition and it too is missing subtitles for this so its definitely a problem for all versions and regions. I'd be surprised if Anime Limited dont address this at some point
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:35 pm Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:

I don't recall them notifying me about the Funimation Akira HDR replacement after the 4K SDR edition was quickly replaced with the HDR version.

Funi's release isn't exclusive to them though. I know they've done it in the past, but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head though.
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Amano07 wrote:
I've got the UK Ultimate edition and it too is missing subtitles for this so its definitely a problem for all versions and regions. I'd be surprised if Anime Limited dont address this at some point

Mine arrived in the second week of January, when everybody else seemed to get theirs in mid-December... and there was a bloody great gash out of the side. They've been very nice about arranging a replacement but between this new problem and the fact that nobody at Rightstuf will get back to me about my shattered Dear Brother disc, I'm starting to despair.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 am Reply with quote
This is the first I am hearing of this, so thanks for the heads up!

As for Rightstuf while I am disappointed that they didn't bother to send anyone out an FYI or a heads up on this, I am not at all surprised. I'll give RS credit on how they pack their items for shipping which is A+! However it is everything else that they get knocked on. My few experiences with their less then "Animazing" customer service left much to be desired. I went from a RS regular to you need to twist my arm to shop there anymore.
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
This is the first I am hearing of this, so thanks for the heads up!

As for Rightstuf while I am disappointed that they didn't bother to send anyone out an FYI or a heads up on this, I am not at all surprised. I'll give RS credit on how they pack their items for shipping which is A+! However it is everything else that they get knocked on. My few experiences with their less then "Animazing" customer service left much to be desired. I went from a RS regular to you need to twist my arm to shop there anymore.

Yeah, as someone who has shopped at Right Stuf for decades, I've definitely noticed that their customer service has tanked hard in recent years. This definitely started before COVID was a thing so that's not really an excuse for it.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Picky33

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:23 am Reply with quote
i'm pissed i spent $250 on the collectors edition and then it was $90 during Right Stuf holiday sales.

Anyone got a link to get a replacement disc
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:36 pm Reply with quote
v_i wrote:
TJ_Kat wrote:
What do you need for proof of purchase; the form doesn't specify. RightStuf doesn't pack invoices in with their shipments anymore and I don't think just taking a picture would prove anything.

If you ordered online, you should have gotten an email confirmation from Right Stuf. That will likely work.

I cannot find the email confirmation from Right Stuf. Will taking a picture of the box set suffice as proof of purchase?
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:53 pm Reply with quote
kaiser11492 wrote:
I cannot find the email confirmation from Right Stuf. Will taking a picture of the box set suffice as proof of purchase?

Probably not.

Try downloading the PDF invoice from your Right Stuf account's purchase history.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:22 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
kaiser11492 wrote:

Probably not.

Try downloading the PDF invoice from your Right Stuf account's purchase history.

I can confirm that a screenshot of the Right Stuf order's invoice PDF worked for me. I got my disc a few days ago after submitting the request the day the news article was posted.
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:22 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
kaiser11492 wrote:

Probably not.

Can’t download the PDF invoice because it the person who bought it for me doesn’t have a Right Stuf account. The only thing I have besides the box that shows I purchased it is a bank statement.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:04 pm Reply with quote
kaiser11492 wrote:
fuuma_monou wrote:
kaiser11492 wrote:

Probably not.

Can’t download the PDF invoice because it the person who bought it for me doesn’t have a Right Stuf account. The only thing I have besides the box that shows I purchased it is a bank statement.

You could try to use a picture of the set as proof of purchase. I would guess that if it's insufficient, then someone from support would ask for additional information.

Note that I didn't get notification that it was shipped until USPS alerted me of an incoming Media Mail package, which ended up being a paperboard disc sleeve. So, no e-mail sent after receiving the order confirmation will be normal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2