• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Day I Became a God Manga Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:20 pm Reply with quote
My favorite anime of 2020 for sure. Can't wait to buy it when it comes out in March.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:28 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
My favorite anime of 2020 for sure. Can't wait to buy it when it comes out in March.

I didn't even realize it was getting a home video release.

Someone on the #anime channel on work Slack was asking about Key anime on Blu-Ray. He can't find the first set of Charlotte, and considering that was an Aniplex USA release -- a small number of copies at very high prices -- I suspect he's out of luck. Still, better than Rewrite, which never got a BD release at all.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:52 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
JustMonika wrote:

I didn't even realize it was getting a home video release.

Someone on the #anime channel on work Slack was asking about Key anime on Blu-Ray. He can't find the first set of Charlotte, and considering that was an Aniplex USA release -- a small number of copies at very high prices -- I suspect he's out of luck. Still, better than Rewrite, which never got a BD release at all.

Well that's because Funimation is thankfully handling this release.

https://shop.funimation.com/home-video/the-day-i-became-a-god-the-complete-season---bd-fun-digital/BLR-00869.html
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I know this is an adaptation of an original work, but if there ever was a time to fix one of those 'last episodes anime', I'd love to read it because sigh, that last episode.....
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:24 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
I know this is an adaptation of an original work, but if there ever was a time to fix one of those 'last episodes anime', I'd love to read it because sigh, that last episode.....

Still don't understand what people saw that was bad about it. I thought this show was a masterpiece and loved every minute. The best Jun Maeda work since Little Busters.
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:56 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, this show exists. I can't even remember how exactly it ended, but I remember not being very impressed by it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1