• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Satoshi Mizukami's Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer Manga Gets TV Anime This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:07 am Reply with quote
While I'm happy this is getting adapted at all, the announcement being fairly close to the release and not knowing anything else the director has done makes me kind of apprehensive
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 am Reply with quote
This announcement makes me wonder if the primary purpose of adapting it now is because the mangaka is nearly done with the Planet With manga adaptation and may have a new manga launching sometime around this anime airing.
Casval Rem Deikun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:34 am Reply with quote
Nice, this was a really nice surprise! Maybe Seven Seas will reprint this damn series again....
I'm telling you, Seven Seas is in competition with Dark Horse of who can out of print their series the fastest.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:37 am Reply with quote
It's about time! Great news to wake up to. Here's hoping that Spirit Circle also gets adapted sometime in the future.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:21 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed Planet With and have heard good things about this manga, so I'm happy to check it out and glad they'll be adapting it in its entirety.
Olaole

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:13 am Reply with quote
Absolutely insane, I thought this had 0% chance by now. I am so excited I am nearly speechless.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:54 am Reply with quote
Stop giving me hope that series that I never thought will be animated gets an adaptation!

But seriously though, glad to see it may be full/complete adaptation.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Casval Rem Deikun wrote:
Nice, this was a really nice surprise! Maybe Seven Seas will reprint this damn series again....
I'm telling you, Seven Seas is in competition with Dark Horse of who can out of print their series the fastest.

I remember hearing from a SSE staff that Crunchyroll offering the entire manga digitally really devastated their print sales. Hopefully they'll get new prints out ahead of the anime to capitalize on newcomers.
Manga Sick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:55 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I enjoyed Planet With and have heard good things about this manga, so I'm happy to check it out and glad they'll be adapting it in its entirety.

Actually, he already has another manga running besides Planet With. World End Solte, which he said he's going to focus on more once Planet With ends.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't read a lot of manga, but I still find this news exciting because there's a ton of 10+ years old anime based on then-current and long since ended manga that I would love to see get rebooted with proper endings or at the very least continued.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Triltaison

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:17 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Casval Rem Deikun wrote:

I remember hearing from a SSE staff that Crunchyroll offering the entire manga digitally really devastated their print sales. Hopefully they'll get new prints out ahead of the anime to capitalize on newcomers.

I wouldn't be surprised. I bought every volume except the last one brand new and on clearance from BAM and such while it was in print. I remember that they had like 30 copies of one of the volumes for yeeeeaaars, each eventually dwindling from half off to about $4 as time went by.

When I passed by a few LatBH copies for sale at my con last year, I was astonished to see almost each volume commanding prices over $100. I lucked out that the only volume I hadn't picked up yet was still available at cover price, so went ahead and ordered it from the bookstore. I had no idea they had shot up in price so much until then. Just assumed it wasn't very popular since I only ever saw it at clearance prices.
09jcg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:20 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Casval Rem Deikun wrote:

That's a shame because crunchy manga and their abysmal app/website have wrecked more than a few series. Boku wa Minna Kawaisou and Kimi no Iru Machi come to mind
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:16 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY!

Considering its length, it's going to need at least two cours, possibly longer, to do it justice. I hope they can pull it off. Because a properly done adaption of this series is pretty much a lock for series of the year.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Well wouldn't have guessed I'd see this, but happy to read it. I've heard good things about the manga, but never got around to picking it up and reading it. Since it's complete hopefully we can get a great adaptation =)
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:30 am Reply with quote
This is great and unexpected news.

Hopefully this will breath new life into the manga. Have this in paperback, stored in boxes in the garage. So I am hoping for a digital edition for my kindle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3