• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which manga series do you have the most of?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote
For me it's Bleach. That's mostly because it's a lot farther than the other manga I read. (Volume 17 comes out in a few weeks)
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Shaman King for me. I've got the first 10 volumes and no money to buy the 11th until my birthday. It's going to be an investment buying the whole series, but I feel it's worth it^^

FMA comes in second place with 1-6, and third (embarrassingly) is Marmalade Boy (1-5).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I have all 36 volumes of Ranma 1/2, though not all as trade paperbacks, and that has to be far and away the longest. I have the first 4 in trades, then single issues up til they stopped publishing them, then Vol. 22 up to the last volume.

The next closest is probably Maison Ikkoku, Love Hina, and Please Save My Earth (14 volumes each, though MI is all single issues in my collection), then Boys Over Flowers (13 volumes). I also have a TON of Oh My Goddess!, but it's almost all single issues and I have no idea how many trades it adds up to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smoochy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm tied with Kenshin and Lone Wolf and Cub, each 28 volumes long.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm a Case Closed/Detective Conan nut. I have all 15 volumes out in the U.S currently, and will probably stop buying them when I'm past 20. @__@
UKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
My top four are:

Please Save My Earth- 19 Volumes
X/1999- 18 Volumes
Angel Sanctuary- 17 Volumes
Tsubasa, RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- 11 Volumes
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote
With One Piece there's no failure. I have the first volume through the latest release, which is volume 44. As soon as the new releases come out I get it right away. the next series that I have the most of would be Ah, My Goddess! which would be volumes 1-34, and my next series after that is Ranma volumes 1-27. One Piece and Death Note are the mainly known series where I have bought all of the releases at full retail price.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow, all you people who keep buying Ranma impress me. I have the first three volumes, but after that I just went "There is no WAY I'm spending that much money."
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Japanese Naruto volumes 1-34; I just need 35 and 36 (I know they're out). I just love the way all those look on my shelf.

If you're interested in English releases, probably Bleach (1-13) even though I'm behind by three volumes. I have more of those "one-or-two volumes" manga. That could mean that more of the series is not out yet, I need to catch up badly, or I'm finished. I'm so horrible at keeping up with releases--I'm at least two volumes behind in almost everything.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote
The longest series I have is currently Love Hina, at 14 Volumes.

Afterwards, it's Bleach Vol. 1-12 (I've stopped buying them at the moment). 3rd place is a 3-way tie between I"s (Vol. 1-10), Rurouni Kenshin (Vol. 1-5, & then random volumes up to Vol. 17) & Boys Be... 2nd (Vol. 1-10).

I try not to start series past 20-25 Volumes. Looks like I'll break that rule with Yakitate!! Japan. Rolling Eyes
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Rave Master. I have 18 volumes out of the 35. (22 relased in NA so far) Toyko Pop and Cartoon Network butchered that anime, but the manga is pretty good.
kolibri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I just love long series - I mean, isn't it great to know that there's loads of more of something you enjoy?

And only since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'll say that the longest series on my shelf is currently Banana Fish with 17 volumes, and two more to come. Bleach is going to tie in few weeks and eventually overtake it. Next ones are probably Naruto with 12 volumes and Death Note with 9.

But that's not interesting. You should all check out Akimi Yoshida's Banana Fish - it's technically shoujo, but not like any other shoujo title you've seen. It originally ran from 1985 to 1994 and is considered to be a revolutionary shoujo title because it introduced adult themes like gang warfare to shoujo and quickly gained a big crossover audience with males (my husband reads it and awaits a new volume just as eagerly as I do). Unlike typical shoujo, Yoshida's drawing style is very plain - and there is lot of action, some bishounen, light boy's love theme and a long intricate plot that makes you scream when you have to wait for two months for the next volume to come out.

It's about a 17-year old boy called Ash Lynx who is a gang boss in New York in the 80's. He's got a tragic past as a runaway brought up as the adopted heir and sex toy of "Papa" Dino Golzine - but Ash starts rebelling to protect his comatose brother. Enter unfortunate young photographer Eiji Okamura who gets tangled into the mess that is international organized crime, private warfare, drug trafficking and child prostitution. Banana Fish is a non-stop action roller coaster, and an emotional roller coaster too - characters are interesting and touching and twists and turns in the plot mean that you never know what's coming next. Published by Viz, 17 volumes out, 18 out next month and last one in April. Just... get it, ok Smile
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
At the moment, its Rurouni Kenshin with 28 volumes. But several series I am collecting will eventually exceed that, though it may be a while before that happens, particularly with the releases of some titles slowing down.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
For me, it's One Piece. I have volumes 1-13 in English and 21-42 in Japnaese, so I've got 35 volumes of One Piece. I need to get the rest of them in Japanese, especially 43 and 44. I hate falling behind like that.

For all in English, it's Rurouni Kenshin's 28 volumes. I've also got the 25 GTO volumes and the 2 GTO: The Early Years volumes, which is pretty much two in one.

After that, X/1999 with 18 volumes is the most with Angel Sanctuary and The Prince of Tennis at 17 and Bleach and Dragon Ball at 16.
CrazyCanuck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
A quick sort in my Excel file reveals that my most owned manga are:

Dragonball (both DBZ and DB combined): 42 volumes
Ranma 1/2: 36 volumes
Rurouni Kenshin & Inu-yasha: tied at 28 volumes each
Oh! My Goddess & Astroboy: both tied at 23 volumes
Kare Kano: 21 volumes

That's it for titles with 20 volumes or more. Another 25 series' have 10 or more volumes. The other 168 titles in my collection are under 10 volumes.

Of the seven high ranking titles, four were bought as they were released, two were started as they were released, fell behind and then mass ordered to catch up, and one was almost entirely back-collected.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10