• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Anime Gets Revealed Chronicle CG Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oby

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:54 am Reply with quote
Haters wil keep on hating and try to find justification even in the smallest of things.

Meanwhile, I & many others will continue to enjoy 00 & IBO anime, kits, figures, games & other merch that Bandai keeps churning out coz they're still selling.

And flop like Gundam AGE got their MG kits cancelled and it barely get anything even during the show's anniversaries (plural).
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Oby wrote:
Haters wil keep on hating and try to find justification even in the smallest of things.

Meanwhile, I & many others will continue to enjoy 00 & IBO anime, kits, figures, games & other merch that Bandai keeps churning out coz they're still selling.

And flop like Gundam AGE got their MG kits cancelled and it barely get anything even during the show's anniversaries (plural).

The Western community doesn't get it. Bandai is like one of the only few companies that is churning out IBO merch, and vast majority of are selling to plamo addicts, not people legitimately interested in the show. Almost no other company really cares about IBO as an IP because there is no demand outside Gunpla. I gave enough proof to show IBO was hated by the east. Let's say it is genuinely loved by the west. Why has almost every single anituber ignored it even when it aired. Why is this anime nearly absent from the figure collecting, r/anime, mal, conventions?

Why don't we have a sequel movie or future season greenlit. Gunpla is purposely designed to be a cheap building toy which is why people who never watched Gundam buy it. A person who legitimately isn't interested in anime 9/10 isn't going to spend money on a related. $200 scaled figure nor any related apparel. The fact that I almost never seen IBO lovers buy IBO merch outside Gunpla shows no one is really buying actual IBO merch. because a hardcore IBO dedicated fanbase never really existed in the first place. It is not purely IBO's fault since the Gundam IP just cannot compete with all these new animes coming out like Slime (also done by Bandai) which is why Right stuff regularly discounts gundam blu rays. Different during the early 2000s or mid 90s with their respective AU. But IBO simply doesn't rank high enough in newtype polls to allow it to stand out.

Anyways, I made my point and tired of discussing this further. It is far too late for manufacturers or any of IBO's fans to turn around and make IBO a known name in the current anime landscape.
Oby

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:31 am Reply with quote
^ Hater's opinion of IBO is becoming less & less relevant when Bandai in celebrating the 5th Anniversary of IBO with some good stuffs as per the actual news in this news video:
https://youtu.be/K7PCxEvG9LE

Keep being salty, while me and the rest of us celebrate & have a good time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3