• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Spy×Family

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:58 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
@KGW-Thanks! I never heard of that one but obviously....BTW- does KGW stand for potassium-gadolinium-wolframite? It's a real solid-state laser crystal made during the Soviet era.

You're welcome.
But nope, it is actually for an obscure anime/manga from when I started in this world. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I feel like the complete opposite of the author of these reviews as far as the subject of Dodgeball, one of the greatest games in gym class, is concerned. The sound of rubber impacting on another person(or myself) was oh so satisfying. Sadly, third grade was the last time I would ever hear that sound or play REAL Dodgeball. Every year after that, the rubber balls had been replaced my foam balls. They made no sound on impact, and they were much lighter which honestly made it hard to put any force behind them. They were wimpy and sad replacements. I will forever despise those responsible for the demise of true Dodgeball.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:59 am Reply with quote
RE end of episode 11...

spoiler[
BOND BOND BOND BOND BOND BOND BOND
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
]
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:49 pm Reply with quote
So the episodes was really good and all, blahblah

But can we get 3 seasons of that sloth detective manga (Sherlock Sloth?)? The main gimmick could be that he always reveal who the killer is after everyone figured it out.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Seems the dog in question this Ep is clairvoyant? I just hope they don't change Anya's characterization because I don't think she has egotistical tendencies. Maybe it's just a reaction to wanting so much to get that Stella for dodgeball and now actually getting it...? Rooting for Second Son to take her down a peg, as befits a true friend.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:04 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Seems the dog in question this Ep is clairvoyant? I just hope they don't change Anya's characterization because I don't think she has egotistical tendencies. Maybe it's just a reaction to wanting so much to get that Stella for dodgeball and now actually getting it...? Rooting for Second Son to take her down a peg, as befits a true friend.

She's just showing off a bit now, haha.

Also, it's a crazy tease for them spoiler[to show the dog and then the next episode preview is for one of the bonus chapters. Sadly, people are gonna have to wait a bit for that.]
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

I think it's a mix. She keeps having the world peace tendency. She first said she wanted peanuts but after talking with her friend and reading the other kid's mind, she wants to accomplish her mission. Still, is next episode the last one of the season?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I love how the kids always feel like actual kids on this show. Especially Anya.

Perfect Father's Day episode with Loid and Anya trying to get her Stella Stars and Anya's own ineptitude and character working against her...but in true Superhero fashion she uses her powers to save someone even at the possible cost of herself, and earns her fathers' genuine praise.

Starlight Anya is born! Of course it would go to her head and make her think she's in her popular phase. But even if people think she bribed her way into it, Damian begrudgingly accepts that she earned it.

I see Yor, probably from experience, sees dogs as nothing but killing machines. But you can't have a truly complete family without the family pet.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:17 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Still, is next episode the last one of the season?

Yes, but there'll be a second cour in the fall.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Anya's train of thought for world peace was great Laughing

I was surprised to see Anya be able to swim at all. Even if she didn't get very far I was expecting her to just jump in an sink, so even swimming a little bit was a nice showing of her skills.

Quote:
On the other hand, if she can master memorizing which classmates are best at which subjects, she'll be well on her way to an impressive mental skill and learning how to best use her resources, which actually could turn out to very helpful in the future.

Yeah, until her teachers start wondering how she has the exact same answers as different kids scattered around the classroom Laughing

Princess_Irene wrote:

Yes, but there'll be a second cour in the fall.

Great news!
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:46 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

Yeah, until her teachers start wondering how she has the exact same answers as different kids scattered around the classroom Laughing

There's a great live-action movie along these lines where the teachers figure something's up and hand out different tests to each student.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:41 am Reply with quote
Even if Anya got all the right answers, her handwriting is so atrocious her teachers wouldn't be able to tell.
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Anya's train of thought for world peace was great Laughing

Quote:
On the other hand, if she can master memorizing which classmates are best at which subjects, she'll be well on her way to an impressive mental skill and learning how to best use her resources, which actually could turn out to very helpful in the future.

That'll only be a real problem when they start doing essay questions and I feel like those don't really pop up on 1st grade tests. Then again I went to public school, not this prestigious school that seems to have the kids already doing fractions in the first few days and I think I saw some algebra in there too. It's a hard knock life for those kids.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:43 pm Reply with quote
"Wow." Laughing

Not surprising to see this was a side story as it definitely felt like filler while watching it, especially with the introduction intro we got. I was almost expecting a recap episode. Still, that doesn't mean it wasn't a great episode. The Oct. premier for the 2nd half can't come soon enough!

Dr. Wily wrote:

That'll only be a real problem when they start doing essay questions and I feel like those don't really pop up on 1st grade tests. Then again I went to public school, not this prestigious school that seems to have the kids already doing fractions in the first few days and I think I saw some algebra in there too. It's a hard knock life for those kids.

It'd still be eye brow raising to see not only the same right answers, but the same wrong answers lol
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I guess we'll wait to October for the dog episodes but this one was still pretty good. The voice actor from Twilight does a really good job at changing the pitch of his character in almost every scene of this episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 20