• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:23 pm Reply with quote
The final episode was a perfect encapsulation of the series as a whole: its cleverness, its adorability, its empathetic approach to problem solving, its quirky but still consistent internal logic, and its understated world-building. I especially likely how the summoning ritual brought together literally everything which happened this season, and Mikan's emphatic acceptance of Ugallu was a beautiful capstone. The offhand reference about how Shamiko's way of doing things isn't that much different from Sakura's was also a neat touch.

review wrote:
I hope that these reviews have helped broadened the audience of The Demon Girl Next Door, even if only a little bit.

I hope so, too, and thanks to you, James, for taking this one on! The first season is one I often recommend to people as an overlooked gem, and this season is at least as good if not better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I remember really enjoying the first season when I watched it, but this season didn't really grab me. It wasn't bad and I enjoyed the advancing plot, but it definitely dropped down my priority list of shows to watch. I ended up binging the last few episodes and I'd say the final arc was definitely great finish.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:58 am Reply with quote
I greatly appreciate that you took it upon yourself to do weekly reviews for DGND S2 James. I know it's not the easiest kind of show to do episode reviews for but I've enjoyed reading your reactions and musings each week. The power and pull of Shadow Mistress Yuuko and her vassal Momo is unexpectedly large, and I'm glad that you went from mistakenly watching the first episode of the sequel to following and commenting on each step as Shamiko and friends try and make their town a bit better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3