• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: KISS Singer Gene Simmons Is Open-Minded About "Fictosexual" Otaku

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't know. On the one hand you have a right to your own happiness; on the other I'd rather be with someone who can help pay the rent.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:54 pm Reply with quote
SenpaiDuckie wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Is fictosexual part of LGBTQ+ now? Am I just misinterpreting the article?

Fictosexual is part of the LGBTQ+ umbrella, under the asexual identity category. But in this current headlines with Kondo-san, I could argue that this can go under the otaku subculture as well. Basically it means an otaku who has a romantic relationship and/or a sexual attraction with a fictional character... in this case... with Hatsune Miku.

If the dude has sexual attraction to a fictional character then it absolutely does not fit under asexuality, which is a lack of sexual attraction.

Also since when was this considered to be under the asexuality umbrella?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:20 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:

I don't know. On the one hand you have a right to your own happiness; on the other I'd rather be with someone who can help pay the rent.

She can help mine for cryptocurrency Laughing

AntiKuro wrote:
SenpaiDuckie wrote:

Fictosexual is part of the LGBTQ+ umbrella, under the asexual identity category. But in this current headlines with Kondo-san, I could argue that this can go under the otaku subculture as well. Basically it means an otaku who has a romantic relationship and/or a sexual attraction with a fictional character... in this case... with Hatsune Miku.

If the dude has sexual attraction to a fictional character then it absolutely does not fit under asexuality, which is a lack of sexual attraction.

Here's the 2021 Frontiers in Psychology scientific study:

"Fictosexuality, Fictoromance, and Fictophilia: A Qualitative Study of Love and Desire for Fictional Characters"

Last edited by enurtsol on Fri May 06, 2022 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:42 am Reply with quote
Never EVER forget the scandal with Gene Simmon's son who shamelessly plagiarized "Bleach" & "Hellsing" for his comic book "Incarnate"!
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/incarnate-the-nick-simmons-plagiarism-scandal
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:02 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

She can help mine for cryptocurrency Laughing

AntiKuro wrote:
SenpaiDuckie wrote:

Here's the 2021 Frontiers in Psychology scientific study:

"Fictosexuality, Fictoromance, and Fictophilia: A Qualitative Study of Love and Desire for Fictional Characters"

That says for some, not all. I'm not sure personally that I would classify that as asexual so much as it just happens to be some people who identify as fictosexual also happen to be asexual in which case I can see how the two would crossover occasionally.

Well, I guess they'd be more fictoromantic?
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:59 am Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
Of course he is, his son is a weeb who blatantly plagiarized from Bleach in his terrible comics.

revolutionotaku wrote:
Never EVER forget the scandal with Gene Simmon's son who shamelessly plagiarized "Bleach" & "Hellsing" for his comic book "Incarnate"!
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/incarnate-the-nick-simmons-plagiarism-scandal

This was over 10 years ago. Stay on topic.
Algorythm

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:49 am Reply with quote
Gene Simmons appeared as a raging bull that had to be disabled in Spy X Family episode 4.

He probably herd [yeah...sue me] that the Elite Private School was granting asylum to a BeeGees cover band and rounded up a posse to squash that nest of evil. Until he ran into Yor.

What's a Bull that wants to be metal going to do when Assassins and Spies get in the way...
blooperboy

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:29 pm Reply with quote
+1 to 'just leave the guy alone'

It falls in the same realm as Object sexuality for me, which arguably goes back to Pygmalion in the 1700s. (Not to mention for a long time nuns were considered 'married to God, although this system of belief has gone through changes in the last century.) This isn't a 'new thing to get attention,' this is something with a history that just isn't mainstream.

In the words of Erika Eiffel (who married the Eiffel Tower in 2007), "I'm happy, I'm not hurting anyone, I'm not hurting myself, I'm not being held back. I love my life."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2