• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Remove an episode rating

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeryen

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I accidentally rated the wrong anime, something I haven't watched at all and don't intend to.

I can't seem to remove the rating, only change it to "zero," which casts an unfair judgement on something I didn't even watch. How can I get rid of the rating altogether?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Right now you can't.
But it's something I've wanted to fix for a while...
Maybe I can find some time soon to do that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Saeryen

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Right now you can't.
But it's something I've wanted to fix for a while...
Maybe I can find some time soon to do that.

I'm really concerned that it's going to skew the rankings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I've done the same thing myself. But with me, I think that I ran afoul of an algorithm because I don't think that my ratings show up in the group ratings. But I would like to fix the episode rating mistake that I once made.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Update on this: it's now possible to undo episode ratings. So if you accidentally click a rating, you'll see an [undo] option. If you want to delete an old rating, you first have to change the rating, then click [undo] then click [delete].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Update on this: it's now possible to undo episode ratings. So if you accidentally click a rating, you'll see an [undo] option. If you want to delete an old rating, you first have to change the rating, then click [undo] then click [delete].

Thankyouverymuch!
Saeryen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:

Thank you!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1