• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Anime Celebrates 10th Anniversary With New Visual, Collaboration,

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Great! But we all hoped for announcement of next part anime adaptation.

Last edited by -Matthew- on Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I love seeing all the JoJo's together in the animation style of their Part!
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:36 pm Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
Great! But we all hoped for announcemeny of next part anime adaptation.

Why would anyone have thought that would happen? The second cour of Stone Ocean won't be out until the fall and it'll definitely have another cour after that in 2023. The absolute earliest to anticipate Steel Ball Run is 2024.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:47 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:
Great! But we all hoped for announcemeny of next part anime adaptation.

Why would anyone have thought that would happen? The second cour of Stone Ocean won't be out until the fall and it'll definitely have another cour after that in 2023. The absolute earliest to anticipate Steel Ball Run is 2024.

Nevertheless it would be great! Many people are waiting!
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:59 pm Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:

David Production only has the producing rights for the 6 Parts of the main JoJo continuity, so I don't know where this confidence that Part 7 will be adapted at all is coming from. People suddenly forgot that it took a longer time for DP to anounce the Stone Ocean anime that what it took to anounce the Golden Wind one, yet they keep expecting a new anime season when the previous one hasn't even started, and in Stone Ocean's case, isn't even halfway through adapting the story.

Honestly, people who are already anxious for a Part 7 anime when we just barely got a Part 6 anime (and only the 1st third at that) come off as part skippers to me, so there's that.

On the other hand, way to go of David Production to celebrate 10 years of JoJo by delaying their 5th season/6th Part almost a full year.
Ardis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:05 pm Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:

David Production only has the producing rights for the 6 Parts of the main JoJo continuity, so I don't know where this confidence that Part 7 will be adapted at all is coming from.

DP is not even a part of the production committee lmao, what kind of headcanon are you on.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Ardis wrote:
DP is not even a part of the production committee lmao, what kind of headcanon are you on.

David Production produces the anime, hence, they're part of the production commitee, one way or the other. You not getting this is a sign that I shouldn't bother in a discussion with you, but I guess it's more important to you to come off as a wiseass than recognize when you're wrong anyway.
Ardis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Ardis wrote:

David Production produces the anime, hence, they're part of the production commitee, one way or the other. You not getting this is a sign that I shouldn't bother in a discussion with you, but I guess it's more important to you to come off as a wiseass than recognize when you're wrong anyway.

DP is the animation producer, not a part of the production committee aka those who put their money on the table and are the license holders - Warner, Shueisha, Medicos & Klockworx.
These are the ones who have any say in this matter; if Warner wanted to, the series could have changed studio after the first season.
DP can either accept or refuse the offer that the committee proposes to them.

Also, if you're so enlightened, then tell me where did you get the distribution rights thing. And please, don't say Sono Chi No Sadame OP.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Sorry but it's what'th anniversary????
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:24 pm Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
Sorry but it's what'th anniversary????

Yes.

-Matthew- wrote:

David Production only has the producing rights for the 6 Parts of the main JoJo continuity, so I don't know where this confidence that Part 7 will be adapted at all is coming from. People suddenly forgot that it took a longer time for DP to anounce the Stone Ocean anime that what it took to anounce the Golden Wind one, yet they keep expecting a new anime season when the previous one hasn't even started, and in Stone Ocean's case, isn't even halfway through adapting the story.

Honestly, people who are already anxious for a Part 7 anime when we just barely got a Part 6 anime (and only the 1st third at that) come off as part skippers to me, so there's that.

On the other hand, way to go of David Production to celebrate 10 years of JoJo by delaying their 5th season/6th Part almost a full year.

No, I watched all parts! Second is my favorite! Hope for announcd of new part adaptation soon!
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:23 am Reply with quote
[quote="Ardis"]
ufotable after seeing success of kimetsu , made itself one of the production committee (paid money in the making) . so it can happen that DP did same thing with jojo

Last edited by @ASAnime6 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:25 am Reply with quote
[quote="-Matthew-"]
I heard animating p7 will be so hard due to horses scenes
Cetais

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:33 pm Reply with quote
@ASAnime6 wrote:

This could probably be resolved easily with CGI.
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
@ASAnime6 wrote:

This could probably be resolved easily with CGI.
i know. but they probably prefer it to look good so it would need a high amount of time
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1