• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Spring 2022, Jun 10-16

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure a discussion on what the most overrated anime of all time is is gonna go really well with all of us ending up agreeing on something in the end instead of just naming popular things we don't like
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:08 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
SpiritSmoocher wrote:
SxF still the most overrated anime to exist.
You say this when Attack on Titan exists.

Both are very good actually. Though SxF is better.
Saeryen wrote:
Deiamon and Heroines Run the Show deserve better. I know a lot of people were disappointed with Episode 11 of Heroines but I agree with the ANN review that it was a good episode and fit Hiyori's character (though I do think she is too hard on herself). I'm surprised about Deiamon's placement, it's been so good and just plain kind.
Dance Dance Danseur was an excellent drama series and I think it deserves to be higher than it is.

Are you talking about episode ranking or general ranking? In general ranking Dance is at 10 and Deaimon at 13, which is high enough considering how great are the shows above it in the ranking, especially since Daeimon is just average comfy show IMHO - good at what it does, but not great. As for episode ranking, those are variable - they get slightly lower rankings in this week probably because viewers didn't like the plot of those episodes that much.
EDIT: OK, sorry, now I'm sure you meant weekly ratings as well. In this case I guess Daeimon got lower marks because people didn't like the father's story - I don't really care about Itsuka's parents as well, I don't really want to see them redeemed or anything like that. And I've just read about Heroines episode 11, so I definitely understand why people hated it. Judging from what I've read, it deserved the low ratings.
poltroon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
SpiritSmoocher wrote:
SxF still the most overrated anime to exist. Who calls a show about a girl spazzing out peak fiction. It already crashed on basically every vote site. It is just lucky it didn't air at the same time as big shonen which is why its rating is still high. Once fall hits, its ratings will likely tank since they can no longer say SxF is a masterpiece vs Bleach TYBW mob, etc..

What sites, specifically? It's still #1 on MAL, which to my knowledge is the biggest English language ranking site.

Don't read too much into the weekly rating drop for SxF here. The top dozen titles all rated a 4.5 or a 4.6, so this was a really competitive week. The series is still rock-solid on its #1 overall ranking even over stalwart rating powerhouses like Kaguya-sama and One Piece. Honestly, I don't think its competition would matter much; SxF is arguably the biggest hit since Demon Slayer, and it's not going to fade anytime soon.

I wonder if it would be possible to show a season-to-date score next to the name instead of just a stack rank. It would be more useful to me to know that a particular series rated above 4 on average than to know that its last episode rated at #12 or whatever. By this time in the season I'm always looking at these lists and wondering what I might want to go back and try. The stack rank swings I think suggest variation in quality that may not be there, if the truth is that other shows just happened to have especially good (or bad) ones that week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2