• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Switch RPG's Video Previews Characters, World, Battles, Classes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma55

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Leviathonlx1 wrote:
Nice strawman.

No idea what you mean. Sorry if my post upset you, but I'm really sick of some of this shit so I get kinda heated sometimes. I mean in this very thread there is someone complaining about her breasts and saying she looks like a freaking stripper. Wearing hot pants doesn't make you a damn stripper. Hell the only skin she is showing is some of her thighs, some of her arms, and some of her back and people act like she is basically naked. People complaining about her breast size also really frustrates me because having large breasts shouldn't be a big deal and her's aren't even that big imo! My damn breasts are bigger than hers!

Again I'm sorry if I upset you I'm just really sick of people acting like she is gross everywhere I go because she shows some skin and her breasts are on the larger side when I'm pretty much in the same boat as her in real life. This is something I see all too often in not just games and anime, but also in real life. Weird comments or complaints about my breasts or the way I dress are not appreciated and I am getting more than in the past. I also have friends who are in the same boat and they agree that people seem to be doing those things more often and I think it is because of this weird push against this stuff in recent years.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm still disappointed that they never released a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X considering that they ended it with a very open ending!
Bacon_Boi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed in the bland, safe character designs. Downgrade from Xenoblade 2. Hpefully we get some better outfits with DLC.
AQuin1904

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I'd want to see the XC3 cast in more detail before passing judgment on the designs, but I certainly don't mind a return to some of the more grounded looks from the first game. The XC2 cast was definitely a mixed bag for me, with some characters' unlockable alternate costumes being way better than their defaults.

Still, while the XC2 cast is definitely more colorful, I find its variety confined within fairly strict limits, especially compared to PS2 and GC JRPGs that were willing to put an actual old person in the party. I'm more interested in seeing what the new cast is going to offer in terms of story hooks.

That, and I hope that the combat feels more varied this time around. Tackling different enemies in XC2 basically boiled down to what combos you prioritized, which felt repetitive, and XC1 honestly wasn't that much better about encouraging different mechanical approaches.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:10 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
There's one thing Monolith Soft is really good at and that's posting these cool cutscenes while we have absolutely no context of how it will fit in the larger story; the tease is so good! Cool

i'd say their best thing is their skill at "scale".
Xenoblade chronicles 1, x, 2, and 3 all share a great design from scaling.

They make you feel small in the larger world.
FunkyDude88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:57 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I'm still disappointed that they never released a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X considering that they ended it with a very open ending!

X was the best game in the series and I'm tired of pretending it's not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2