• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses 10 New Light Novels, 1 New Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcantrell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Is that the right description for DUNGEON DIVE? It matches the description for Isekai Tensei: Recruited to Another World, even with the same character name.
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Also disappointed that Chivalry didn't make the license rescue cut this time around.

Of the titles announced, Yuri Tama: From Third Wheel to Trifecta and Death's Daughter and the Ebony Blade both sound interesting. I'll check them out if they get a physical release.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:29 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:
Disappointing that there's still no licensing of Grimoire of Zero LN or The Familiar of Zero LN series...

You do know they have no relation despite the title, right?

But I agree, if someone offered official translations of either(both have fan translations, the former has two volumes left and the other's complete), I'd buy them in a heartbeat. 'Familiar' is a classic but the anime was long ago so chances might not be that great for the novel. 'Grimoire', well, the sequel novel to it, The Dawn of the Witch, is licensed in English with first volume dropping in October, so chances are higher. But if possible, I'd rather read the original in full first.

Talking about possible license rescues, Shagukan no Shana, any takers? I remember the anime fondly and would definitely be happy to read the source novels...

I know very well that those two titles are not related to each other. It's just that I'm interested in reading Grimoire of Zero due to bits of manga (scanlation) and already watched the original anime. Didn't get started on its sequel in anime and manga yet.

As for Familiar of Zero, it's just a nostalgia feeling for me and felt that I wanted to read the light novel version for extra bits of info and possible 'true' ending (yeah, its author already passed away before finishing the novel).

Speaking of Shakugan no Shana, I do remember Viz Media licensing the LN version and released first 2 volumes at least a decade ago before dropping it entirely. Still have those two volumes stashed away somewhere in my closet. Seriously, can someone rescue-license it and finish it entirely already?!
Reizenchuu#939367

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:44 am Reply with quote
I saw no one mentioning it, but the synopsis for "Aim for the Deepest Level" is wrong. You should check jnovels' page for the correct one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2