• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Frontier, Macross Delta Anime Offered on Home Video Outside Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
So all of this is certainly great news, but has there been any word about us getting a completely unscrewed-with version of the original series? I have zero interest in Robotech, but I'd very much like to check out the original Macross someday.

A complete, dubbed version of SDF Macross was released on DVD in the States over the course of 2006, but unfortunately, some of the individual volumes of it are insanely expensive if you can find them at all. I own the whole set, though, so I can attest that it does exist.

Seconding that since I have both the ADV dubbed version and the subtitled AnimEigo DVD sets. The only reason that I ever got the ADV dubbed even though I already had AnimEigo's set was the fact that ADV got Minmay's original voice actor and singer, Mari Iijima to reprise her role for the English version.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:19 pm Reply with quote
09: No one knows who has DYRL.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I am onboard. I have wanted a Frontier set for a long time. I might get Delta if the price is right.
09jcg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:29 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
09: No one knows who has DYRL.
That saddens me greatly....
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely be picking these up. Hopefully they fit on a shelf Laughing

I hope they get the movies too for consistency.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I never thought we would get to see Macross Frontier in the US so I’m very excited about this news. And I wasn’t expecting Delta to be announced in the same day. I was expecting Sony to get Frontier because they have Robotech and I figured Big West would want to put Macross on Crunchyroll. Has Nozomi announced if there will also be standard edition sets and what does this mean for streaming?
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:10 am Reply with quote
Woah, that’s great news! Both will be a preorder for me.
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:28 am Reply with quote
And pigs fly once more over frozen fields of Hell.

It would be nice if we could get all of Macross out there to be available like we now have with Gundam but Do You Remember Love is a legal morass that I expect no easy resolution to and I'm sure Macross 7 and the original series will be out on Blu-ray down the line.

But at least they got Macross Frontier, the crown jewel of the franchise free at last. That is worth celebrating. And Plus which never impressed me that much but good for the people that always wanted it and for Delta and II despite them being the weakest entry and forgettably generic respectively.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:10 am Reply with quote
This makes me happy, but I don't think we'll see a dub. I don't remember if Nozomi ever gave an anime a new dub.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:23 am Reply with quote
Louis: They KS'ed a Dirty Pair dub.
Zeino: We'll get M7 when the record companies aren't greedy.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:03 am Reply with quote
Count me on board from day 1!! I've been watching my fansubbed bluray rips but it'll be damn nice to finally get an official us bluray release of Macross Frontier. Seeing as I already have the japanese blurays of both movies I can finally complete my Frontier collection. And as for it being dubbed-I simply don't see that ever happing. I'm known for my overwhelming preference for english dubbed anime but in some cases I don't care and this is one of them.

Last edited by zrdb on Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:18 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I wonder if these shows will get dubs? Or did they not say?[/list]
It seems unlikely, I mean some of them are 50ish episodes long, I can't see anyone wanting to spend money dubbing what is at the end of the day a rather niche show in the West. But maybe I'm wrong, they did dub Dirty pair after all.
merr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:28 am Reply with quote
If they did a dub kickstarter for this, I could see it doing gangbusters.
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:14 am Reply with quote
I have seen Macross Frontier so many times that I'd only be interested in buying the blu-ray if they dubbed it which would give a reason to re-watch it yet again but that most likely won't happen. It's great for those that never got a chance to see it however, it only took 15 years. Laughing
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:38 am Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
I have seen Macross Frontier so many times that I'd only be interested in buying the blu-ray if they dubbed it which would give a reason to re-watch it yet again but that most likely won't happen. It's great for those that never got a chance to see it however, it only took 15 years. Laughing

Even though, I'm in the same situation, I still want to have an actual subtitled physical release of Frontier even though I have the original Japanese blurays for it, but that's just me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3