• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigun Stampede Anime Reveals Trailer, Cast, Staff, Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:59 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Wow. Remember Berserk 2016? It's back! In Trigun form!

You'd have to be blind to think the animation quality in that trailer was in any way comparable to Berserk 2016.
Jindujun93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:59 am Reply with quote
So not only does this look genuinely awful, but it apparently won't even be an actual remake to cover the Trigun Maximum manga like what was actually needed. Remind me again, what justification does this have to actually exist? Because I'm not seeing one.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:02 am Reply with quote
I don't mind 3D animation. I used to be a RWBY fan, and those early seasons had very rough CG. But is there a reason Vash got a redesign? It's not bad by any means, but what was wrong with the original?
Chris Handsome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:08 am Reply with quote
Kirito The Stampede
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:25 am Reply with quote
Why is the bounty significantly less?
malek86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:26 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
I don't mind 3D animation. I used to be a RWBY fan, and those early seasons had very rough CG. But is there a reason Vash got a redesign? It's not bad by any means, but what was wrong with the original?

I guess they want to keep up with the times. Vash's original design was very much the epitome of cool in the 90's. You had the spiky hair, the ultra-rugged high boots and jacket, scars everywhere, etc. But this is not the 90's anymore. No surprise that Vash today would look like kpop.

On a side note, I was also kinda hoping this would be an adaptation of the manga, but chances are we are going to get a single cour, maybe two at most. Trying to adapt 18 volumes in so few episodes would be just a mess. It would end up like Karakuri Circus.
Blazi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:30 am Reply with quote
Looks sick like always from Orange, interesting design change, wonder if it's him in his teens or maybe a modern look but I can get used to it Very Happy
Atelier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:00 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Wow. Remember Berserk 2016? It's back! In Trigun form!

Such nonsense. People are getting way too blinded by their hate for CG. In no universe does this look even remotely bad. Prefering the old animation style, I understand, but most certainly isn't comparable to Berserk.
SleepingBear79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:15 am Reply with quote
Looks much worse than expected for me. There's rarely going to be a CG addition to a franchise that began in beautiful 2d that doesn't disappoint the people most likely to spend anything on it.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:17 am Reply with quote
It's yet another one of those situations where there's a lot of ways the CG is actually quite good, and yet it still looks "off" in a way these projects tend to. Add that to how there's existing 2D animation to compare it to and no reason to mentally write off the weirdness ("they're rock people", or "animal people", or whatever), and it's hard to shake that feeling of "Eww".

I suppose I will try to keep an open mind, but I can't help but also feel disappointed it doesn't appear to be a "proper" adaptation in more than one way after all these years.
kuma991

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is the best-looking 3D I've seen in anime, period. Even the Captain Harlock movie seems a bit generic in comparison.
IceLeaf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:27 am Reply with quote
Them trying to appeal to a current audience by going for what people are calling a "kpop style" doesn't work for me. I like kpop and that haircut is my absolute most hated hairstyle even above the kpop bowl cuts of the early 2010's.

And elsewhere I've seen people trying to justify the coat being changed due to it being to difficult to make a 3D model with the correct clothing physics. Then why is it that people insist that Japan's CG animation is better than China's but I've seen donghua that have managed to do similar outfit elements in 3D with proper clothing physics yet they can't for this?
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:39 am Reply with quote
I don't mind the CG much, I am slowly making my peace with it as it gets better and better. The trailer looks really cool and I have high hopes that people will find it interesting and enjoy it. The animation looks smooth and vibrant.

But...

He doesn't look like Vash...
PandaXs1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:51 am Reply with quote
how is that supposed to be "K-pop" hair? that just sounds like shorthand for "thing I don't like so I'll blame something trendy I also don't like". y'know, like how non-anime fans used to describe anything vaguely stylized as "anime". that hair doesn't look out of place for something made in 2022.

as someone who watched and enjoyed the original I'm actually really excited. even if this isn't like the original it still looks really cool, like damn.
ShinuZERO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:05 am Reply with quote
I was on board the moment they announced it was Orange handling the animation. The trailer seals it. It looks phenomenal. As an OG fan, I am disappointed that Stampede isn't the Brotherhood we deserve, but this looks like Trigun: Year One and that could be pretty fun. Letting the team stretch their legs and do their own thing isn't a bad call. Since they're not bound by the manga they can make something to appeal to veteran and new fans alike. If this does well I'm sure we'll get a proper manga adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5