• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Unveils Solo Leveling, Tomo-chan Is a Girl! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:47 pm Reply with quote
sirdano1 wrote:
It just gets really confusing when some shows call a second cour a second season and some don't.

The nomenclature itself is not particularly important. It is mostly due to what the Production Committee agreed to. If they set out to make 24 episodes but the studio manage to negotiate a 6 months break between the first 12 and the next 12 episodes, then it would just be one season with two cours. If the Production Committee set out to create 12 episodes and it blows up and immediately get renewed for another 12 episodes, the next 12 episodes would still be considered the next season, not the next cour.

Tough for the average audience to decipher the two mostly because they just mix the nomenclature regardless of what was decided internally by the Production Committee.
ColdCase

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
Hiroyuki can make anything more epic than it already is!

I liked the beginning of Solo Leveling which this first (and maybe only) season will cover so I'm very hyped! I hope they animate more Korean manhwa's cause I am still gutted we ain't getting that Tower of God season 2.

Also, I remember reading Tomo chan a long time ago and it was a great series but I am really surprised it got an anime adaption so late. The manga finished a long time ago so i'm not sure how popular it will be. But better late than never right.
Also one of the VA is for both Japanese and English dub which is SUPER RARE!

Is manwha any good? I thought they were mostly isekai type shit what do you think in terms of quality is better, manhwa or manga?
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the Mushoku Tensei trailer. I really have no idea what are they gonna do. I mean the series if famous for using sex jokes casually yet the trailer feels like there is gonna be a lot more of grief. Well, except for that scene of one dude... doing that... to a statue. Also, I wonder Hiro Shimono might voice Rudeus like in the Drama CD due to his growth.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Judging from the character designs shown for Solo Leveling, it looks like they’re doing the first mini arc and then barreling past all the bits that deal with the actual leveling and training mechanics, which seems smart to me. That’s definitely the part that drags the most; I feel like I’m having a game explained *to* me, which is way less interesting than actually playing said game—it’s like having a dream relayed to you.
thecritter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:03 pm Reply with quote
The Tomo-chan VA sounds like a guy. I know she's definitely not (she's easy to look up and has a nice web page), but I was certain it was a guy's voice . . . Shocked
Blazi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Holy f, Tomo-chan anime... finally, after all these years, we have won. I'm so happy rn I could cry
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Just last week on another thread in the Anime News Network Talkback Forum, I mentioned Carol Olston's American voice actress Sally AMAKI in my discussion on voice actors and actors of Japanese descent who are bilingual in English and Japanese, including Australian voice actress Shū UCHIDA (e.g., MIa Taylor in Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club (TV 2), and Japanese actress Naoko Mori, who voices Yotsuyu in the English dub of the Square Enix MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV.

It genuinely surprises me that some of the things I bring up in that post - which also mentions Trash Taste, who also appeared at Anime Expo 2022, plus explores why voice actors in Japan today are expected to sing, dance, and do live performances - and other recent posts in the forum came up at Anime Expo 2022. I had no idea Sally Amaki would be voicing Carol in both the Japanese and English dub versions of Tomo-chan Is a Girl!
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Holy Cats, does the last scene in the Mushoku Tensei trailer mean Silphy turns Lesbian in S2? Razz
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Holy Cats, does the last scene in the Mushoku Tensei trailer mean Silphy turns Lesbian in S2? Razz

No
OncelostLu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:48 am Reply with quote
Excited for more Mushoku Tensei
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 am Reply with quote
Out of curiosity: What disadvantages and advantages might there be to have a seiyuu reprise a role in Eng.? One possible idea is that you could use to shut-up sub elitists.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:24 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Out of curiosity: What disadvantages and advantages might there be to have a seiyuu reprise a role in Eng.? One possible idea is that you could use to shut-up sub elitists.
No, I don't see the logic that because someone who voices a character in the dub happens to be the same person invalidates a preference for what language the viewer wants to hear.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:00 pm Reply with quote
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! I'm literally trying not to spaz around my house like an insane person at the mention of a Solo Leveling anime. If they fudge this up, I will be so upset. From the moment I read it, my initial thought was that it'd make a killer anime if done right.
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:17 am Reply with quote
Man, that To Your Eternity trailer looks as mediocre as it gets. I expect the actual season to be even worse Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2