• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:33 am Reply with quote
For those who are curious you can watch the trailer for the last ep on Warner Bros Japan Anime's youtube channel:

spoiler[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUdJOeDmZCU]

Of course this is at your discretion hence the spoiler tag
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:56 pm Reply with quote
What an emotionally cathartic, well-animated, and beautiful ending to this season!

This was a really great Ryu arc, complete with her moving past her guilt and finding a newfound freedom and love.
Marzan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic finale. Ryuu deserved a release from her sad past. Her and Bell look so organic together. I don’t know how Omori can write Aiz back into the story as a romantic counterpart to Bell after this (if he does at all).

Easily the best season of Danmachi. I hope JC Staff begins to stick more to the LN’s and not rush through content like they did for some of tthe past seasons.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:59 pm Reply with quote
That was a great season with some solid pacing too, hopefully they will nail the next season in a similar fashion.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:06 pm Reply with quote
God, I could cry. Hell, I teared up some when Ryu thought of her familia members as she attacked. What an absolutely fantastic season from start to finish. J.C. Staff is redeemed. I can't wait for Season 5!
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:20 pm Reply with quote
They ended it the way I had hoped they would down to Ryu asking Alise for help and her response. Now all I need is an announcement for season 5. Kudos to JC Staff this time
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, it was cool that it was mostly Ryu who defeated Juggernaut. Of course everyone is safely back home as was easy to predict which is lamesauce but that's just the way Danmachi is.

I guess it was inevitable that Ryu would join Bell's harem sooner or later. I wasn't really into that idea at the beginning of this arc, but I think this arc has convinced me and I'd definitely root for Ryu over most of the Bell's harem.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I guess it was inevitable that Ryu would join Bell's harem sooner or later. I wasn't really into that idea at the beginning of this arc, but I think this arc has convinced me and I'd definitely root for Ryu over most of the Bell's harem.

I believe this is what someone meant earlier in the thread when they said this arc puts the death nail in Bell/Ais. I personally don't agree, and it's important to remember that if Bell's devotion to Ais wavers at all he'll lose his cheat skill.

Of course this being a modern light novel I'm expecting him to end up with Hestia in the end.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Amazing finale and fantastic season overall. It's everything I hoped it would be from having read the novels. Now, do they announce S5 right away? Or do we ride the high of Ryu's rising tide and get an Astrea Record anime adaptation?

Vaisaga wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

I believe this is what someone meant earlier in the thread when they said this arc puts the death nail in Bell/Ais. I personally don't agree, and it's important to remember that if Bell's devotion to Ais wavers at all he'll lose his cheat skill.

Of course this being a modern light novel I'm expecting him to end up with Hestia in the end.

Bell's skill doesn't specify Ais, only desire. The stronger his desire, the faster he grows. Early on, his desire was obviously Ais, and it continues to be, but I took the Xenos arc and the introduction of Asterius as proof that it doesn't have to be Ais. His desire to grow strong enough to protect what he loves and the desire to defeat his blood rival Asterius can be just as strong.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Nah, it has to be spoiler[Ais. A concern is specifically raised about it in a later novel.]

Edit: added spoiler tags: Errinundra
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

i believe that would be me who said that!

though its the start of their conflict in the xenos arc (for in the event that the one eye dragon is also a xenos type monster that is protecting the brigid familia village of its own will, there is no way bell will allow ais to kill it just to satisfy her own vengance) that started that swang song and this arc more or less confirms the death nail of the bell/ais shipping.

also his realis phrase dont work like that.

it works for his overall feelings, wether its protecting his goddess from a runaway monster at monsterphillia, saving haruhime from a cruel fate or wanting to become stronger in order to defeat aisterius AND LOSING TO HIM, those feelings will all activate his special skill. so even if omori decided to change his romantic interest from ais to ryu, it wont mean the end of his realis phrase!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Nah, it has to be Ais. A concern is specifically raised about it in a later novel.

In which one? I've read up to Volume 17.

Last edited by Amuro1X on Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to cover my eyes with all the talk about the later novels pertaining to Ais and Ryu. Suffice it to say, Ryu has now catapulted to the head of the line for me, sorry Hestia. I love strong women with blushing hearts, it melts mine (plus, I'm married to one). This season really had my heart racing and caused much screaming at the screen. And for me, that's a rarity. I'm going to miss this series, but will wait with bated breath for any announcements of it's future. Sooner then later, por favor!
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:35 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
I'm going to cover my eyes with all the talk about the later novels pertaining to Ais and Ryu. Suffice it to say, Ryu has now catapulted to the head of the line for me, sorry Hestia. I love strong women with blushing hearts, it melts mine (plus, I'm married to one). This season really had my heart racing and caused much screaming at the screen. And for me, that's a rarity. I'm going to miss this series, but will wait with bated breath for any announcements of it's future. Sooner then later, por favor!

No spoilers from me!

That said, I was thinking about the reviews comment about Lyu's age. Elves are notoriously late bloomers, haha. They have long lives so they seemingly are slower to mature. For example Eina is a 19 year old half-elf. Her mom is the same age as Riveria spoiler[who is 90 years old. That means Eina's mom didn't have her until she was a fresh young age of 71 lol]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Amuro1X wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Nah, it has to be Ais. A concern is specifically raised about it in a later novel.

In which one? I've read up to Volume 17.

I'm referring to volume spoiler[17. When Hestia tells Ais to stay away from Bell, because seeing Ais not remember him might hurt him so much his skill stops working.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 15