• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure 02 Film Confirms Title, 2 New Cast Members, Studios

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I never wound up finishing Tri. Should I? I think I saw the first two movies. I was under the impression that 02 was gonna be ignored by modern Digimon. Nice to see it still happened.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:10 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
I never wound up finishing Tri. Should I? I think I saw the first two movies. I was under the impression that 02 was gonna be ignored by modern Digimon. Nice to see it still happened.

Personally it's hard to recommend - it flat out does not follow up on several character arcs and plot points that it sets up and the characters act contrary to how you'd know them from both sub and dub. If you watch the dub, it's nice to hear the reprisals they were able to get at least.

If you're interested in Kizuna it makes exactly one reference to Tri and that is 'Meiko exists', so unless this movie does anything different it's hard to say Tri is mandatory viewing.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:05 am Reply with quote
Hard pass. This was the first ever Anime that I didn't like.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:58 pm Reply with quote
02 is my favorite Digimon season, I’m so happy to see it get a sequel and to see the characters as adults.
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:16 am Reply with quote
*points up*

There are two types of people. Lol

Personally, 02's writing was messy and they avoided certain topics (also, the episode with the octopus brothers is hilariously bad and I love it), but hardly "bad" as a whole. The emotional beats are still powerful and it added a ton of deep lore to the Adventure world that I didn't pick up on until my rewatch as an adult. It's my "favorite" season, even though I rate Adventure and Tamers higher quality in terms of writing.

And I also don't think 02's original quality will have any real baring on the quality of this movie anyway.
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:25 pm Reply with quote
the power of Kugimiya Disease is too strong
Ishida_Akira(fake)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:52 am Reply with quote
My only problems with 02 is how some of the original casts got a bit shafted in the second half, with their digimon having to be weaker because they spend too much time in the real world seeming like real BS, just to explain why HolyAngemon doesn't just solo everyone from Deemon's faction, which he should be able to. That, and the epilogue. I absolutely hate the epilogue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2