• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tower of God Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:10 am Reply with quote
FINALLY...! As good and well received as it was, I would thought an S2 for this was a "no-brainer". Now, I'll be "that guy" by bringing up that I can't wait to see what Rachael gets up to with her new-found comrades (as well as what Bam has been doing)...
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:32 am Reply with quote
Soul_Punisher wrote:
Let's hope S2 will be a lot better than its Boring S1 start where it felt really disjointed.

I didn't like it either (the beginning at least, I think I dropped it after 1-2 episodes). Does it get better later on?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:55 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I didn't even watch S1, but seeing that snippet of Urek Mazino is getting me hyped! I remember wanting his back tattoo as a teen (I still kind of do) Razz
Mafiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:46 am Reply with quote
damn that b'tch really comeback.
WizardOfOss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Even when I didn't like the first season, I am quite interested in this. The first season gave me the feeling of solid source material, bad adaptation. I just hope they do a better job now.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I think other than Shenmue (which is a can of worms and a half as a co-production with Toonami), this was the most popular Crunchyroll original by a mile. It might be the only one that could feasibly justified a season 2.

So congratulations are in order.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't expecting this, but it is nice. Hopefully now, we will see where Baam and Rachel tread.
tsog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:12 pm Reply with quote
WizardOfOss wrote:
Even when I didn't like the first season, I am quite interested in this. The first season gave me the feeling of solid source material, bad adaptation. I just hope they do a better job now.

Exactly my take too

It was the most popular of the three Webtoon adaptations, and while I lean towards Noblesse in terms of personal enjoyment I can tell there's so much more to Tower of God.
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Ohmygodohmygod, I’m SO excited!!! I thought the first season was riveting.

I never read the web comic, but I LOVED the anime. Over the past two years, I only ever saw comments saying there was no chance in hell of a 2nd season. I’m so so happy that’s not the case. Bring it on, baby! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
Soul_Punisher wrote:
Let's hope S2 will be a lot better than its Boring S1 start where it felt really disjointed.

I didn't like it either (the beginning at least, I think I dropped it after 1-2 episodes). Does it get better later on?

After watching a few episodes and having mixed feelings I checked out the original manhwa to compare since I’d heard it was well-regarded. Seemed to me they cut out a ton of the interesting details. That doesn’t mean it isn’t still one of the best Crunchyroll originals though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2