• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haikyu!! Anime Gets 2 Final Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
I am really hating this new trend of turning canonical stories into movies

You either turn them into movies which will truncate stuff or adapt into serial form……which will likely still truncate stuff/while adding fluff which may or may not be good and likely be cheaply drawn & animated on top of that.

pirateaddict wrote:
The manga was amazing and deserves the full treatment and we the fans who have followed all the way through and bought all the series also deserve the right ending.

Not for nothing but depending on what kind of fan you are you’re either watching the anime of a work or reading the manga version of that same work or maybe the light novel. Not all of of us will do touch all versions of the same work.
Kuraikosama

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:53 am Reply with quote
i think we missinterpret the Word Final.
It is just the Title for the Movies, which means the will adapt the Final Rounds of the Spring Tournament. And Timeskip could be an OVA or something.
Nowhere is it said, that the Movies will will be the last Anime Adaption of Haikyu.
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:17 am Reply with quote
Kuraikosama wrote:
It is just the Title for the Movies, which means the will adapt the Final Rounds of the Spring Tournament. And Timeskip could be an OVA or something.
Nowhere is it said, that the Movies will will be the last Anime Adaption of Haikyu.

if that was the case , they would have called it with the names of the arc it is adapting
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:47 am Reply with quote
Kuraikosama wrote:

The copium is strong with this one & yet I still hope you're right about this Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2