• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One-Punch Man Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matcha.8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:13 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
Are people forgetting in what state modern Madhouse is? Natsume's projects were the only stand out ones and his current project is at another studio anyway.

Great point. People keep talking about Madhouse as if it's still the pantheon of anime greats that it once was. Years passed and it's not anymore. Also the animators are more important than the studio name. Shingo Natsume is the key figure responsible for the peaks of the first season. Don't think he's likely to return though.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:48 am Reply with quote
Matcha8 wrote:
Great point. People keep talking about Madhouse as if it's still the pantheon of anime greats that it once was. Years passed and it's not anymore.

And they always use the same examples from the 90s & 2000s as if nothing happened to them in the early 2010s.

Quote:
Also the animators are more important than the studio name. Shingo Natsume is the key figure responsible for the peaks of the first season. Don't think he's likely to return though.

Yeah and IIRC, he was busy with ACCA: 13 around the time season 2 was originally announced.
SP654

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:51 am Reply with quote
3 Years without mentioning about the 3rd season and now they decide to announce it After all this time!!!
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:07 am Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
That's great news! I wonder which studio will animate the 3rd season? From the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be JC Staff.

it's all rumors and nothing have been confirmed so far so it could be still J.C Staff or any other anime studio.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:12 am Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:
I hated the last season so much, that I didn't bother finishing it because of how terrible the animation was.

If Madhouse isn't doing this season (or at the least a much better studio tha JC Staff), I don't see myself caring about another season of this show.

Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
I wonder which studio will animate the 3rd season? From the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be JC Staff.

I wouldn't put that much stock in this visual. Season 2's visual looked as good as this and we ended up with a dogshit second season.

J.C Staff did what they could in a tight schedule that was in par with Attack on Titans anime's production and it wasn't that Bad (you can check the BDs version since it had fixed many errors in a short time) Madhouse did produced it with more time than J.C Staff had so try to be civil with it at least.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:14 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
I mean, naturally MAPPA will be handling season three since they're currently animating everything else ever.

As amazing as season one was I won't be too bothered if Madhouse doesn't animate three as long as whoever animates it does a better showing than two was. My understanding is that season 2 was a story created for the serialized manga and wasn't in the webcomic - is this season back to webcomic canon, in theory?

nope it's canon since ONE was involved with it.
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:22 am Reply with quote
despite S2 having it's struggles but it did a good job for a production that had only less than 4 months which is something

hope kubota is coming back for supervising the designs of this season not that the other animators did bad with S2 which was beyond their control.
Excoman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:36 am Reply with quote
I honestly wish 3rd season to be animated by the worst possible studio.

Simply because of concern trolls, and people who aren't happy / grateful to get a new season at all.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:38 am Reply with quote
Finally... the Garo arc will be completed after around 3 years. Still, from what I understand the anime will catch up with the manga a lot in the process
Matros

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:47 am Reply with quote
Excoman wrote:
I honestly wish 3rd season to be animated by the worst possible studio.

Simply because of concern trolls, and people who aren't happy / grateful to get a new season at all.

So people should settle for less and eat mediocrity up in an industry that churns new seasons out like it's nothing? No wonder production committees get away with rushed productions.

Last edited by Matros on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Excoman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:57 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:

So people should settle for less and eat meiocrity up in an industry that churns new seasons out like it's nothing? No wonder production committees get away with rushed productions.
Oh please, visuals in anime have gone far enough that even what people nowadays call "mid" actually looks decent, watchable, and, well, nice enough.

People have become way too spoiled, and want MAPPA, or ufotable visuals in EVERYTHING, give it a break, and for once be happy with what you got.

Myself, I for years wanted for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou to receive a full anime adaptation, or at least more than those two OVAs from 20 years ago, even if quality wouldn't be movie level.

It never happened, but it is what it is.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:28 am Reply with quote
Excoman wrote:
Matros wrote:

So people should settle for less and eat meiocrity up in an industry that churns new seasons out like it's nothing? No wonder production committees get away with rushed productions.
Oh please, visuals in anime have gone far enough that even what people nowadays call "mid" actually looks decent, watchable, and, well, nice enough.

People have become way too spoiled, and want MAPPA, or ufotable visuals in EVERYTHING, give it a break, and for once be happy with what you got.

Myself, I for years wanted for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou to receive a full anime adaptation, or at least more than those two OVAs from 20 years ago, even if quality wouldn't be movie level.

indeed it's tiring since the anime industry isn't a cheerful as anybody thinks also not every anime studio have the same conditions or capabilities but ofc everyone is so conceited about it because if it wasn't in par within their expectations they complain and the funny thing that there's who watch it even if he's complaining about it.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:48 am Reply with quote
Yeah, although season 2 wasn't jaw droppingly amazing like season 1, it was, at worst, fine. The way people talk about it you'd think it's friggin' Musashi Gundoh or something.
Matros

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:57 am Reply with quote
Excoman wrote:
Matros wrote:

Considering the fact that the majority of Mappa's productions are on fire behind the scenes or straight up thrown under the bus if it's not the latest popular battle shonen, no, I don't want their visuals in everything.

There's more to anime than just animation. The compositing/photography in S2 was absolutely awful, the direction was average at best and the sound design was almost insulting. It's not about being spoiled, but expecting a competent production. I know it's not the staff's fault, they were given no time and had to crunch. But I'm sitll not gonna pretend it looked visually pleasing outside of Aoki's work which was sadly butchered by the bad compositing.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:13 am Reply with quote
F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.

ENOUGH SAID. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5