• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One-Punch Man Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:14 am Reply with quote
I just hope to see Captain Mizuki in it.
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:18 am Reply with quote
I hope this means Captain Mizuki.
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:28 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
Considering the fact that the majority of Mappa's productions are on fire behind the scenes or straight up thrown under the bus if it's not the latest popular battle shonen, no, I don't want their visuals in everything.

Yup. Not to mention they're developing a tendency of being fairly non-creative with their visuals which then end up being more masturbatory than actually serving the purpose of enhancing the show through visuals. Yes, flashy animation is good, but a lot of anime visuals need more creativity than just slick fight scenes! Sometimes you need more distortion, more messiness, more lines, interesting angles, creative storyboards...

This is why I'm already really worried about Jigokuraku. It's not a very big-name property, but it does require very lavish visuals, and while the trailer doesn't look bad, per se, it's also not what I'd call visually lavish and exciting (not to mention you can already see corners being cut).

Matros wrote:
There's more to anime than just animation.

Exactly. I'll never understand why people fetishize studios so much, when a show's overall quality depends on so many aspects that are most often handled by freelancers...

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I'm just surprised that One Punch Man is still around. What on earth could it be about at this point? I enjoyed the first season, but the joke was already tired by the end of it, and it started showing signs of taking itself too seriously...

Last edited by SHD on Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:37 am Reply with quote
i want tudio Deen or toei studio c to anime this one.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:34 am Reply with quote
Despite the general disappointment with season 2, I figured the production committee was just waiting for the Monster Association arc to end in the manga so they could finish adapting it. I'd love it if they could switch to a better studio and a more reasonable schedule, but I'm expecting the same staff, studio and mediocre animation as the previous season.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:41 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Despite the general disappointment with season 2, I figured the production committee was just waiting for the Monster Association arc to end in the manga so they could finish adapting it. I'd love it if they could switch to a better studio and a more reasonable schedule, but I'm expecting the same staff, studio and mediocre animation as the previous season.

it isn't mediocre it was more than decent if you can ignore the inconsistencies.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:44 am Reply with quote
Just deleted toxic posts
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:33 am Reply with quote
It's about dang time!
While S2 wasn't as great as S1, I still enjoyed it for what it was, and I'm just happy that we're finally getting a 3rd season! And hopefully Viz will get the rights to it again. Not only because it'll match the rest of the physical releases for the series, but given the current state of things, it'll have a bigger chance to air on Toonami, which has been how I've watched the other seasons and it'd make me very happy to continue the tradition.
jimmyzinny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:49 am Reply with quote
Alphonae wrote:
Matros wrote:
Are people forgetting in what state modern Madhouse is? Natsume's projects were the only stand out ones and his current project is at another studio anyway.

Exactly. Madhouse would be worth it, only if Natsume and his book of friends make a comeback.

Natsume literally created his first anime ever a few months ago but I guess people didn't care about that...
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:11 am Reply with quote
the internet will explode(in more than one way...)once Captain Mizuki shows up...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:11 am Reply with quote
Good for those who wanted another season, but I did not care for it after it changed hands for season 2.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Joker#941490 wrote:
J.C Staff did what they could in a tight schedule that was in par with Attack on Titans anime's production and it wasn't that Bad (you can check the BDs version since it had fixed many errors in a short time) Madhouse did produced it with more time than J.C Staff had so try to be civil with it at least.

Yeah, they did what ethey could, and still ended up doing a dogshit job. Bad quality is bad quality no matter the justificacions.

Excoman wrote:
I honestly wish 3rd season to be animated by the worst possible studio.

Simply because of concern trolls, and people who aren't happy / grateful to get a new season at all.

I think you're the only troll in this scenario.

Excoman wrote:
Oh please, visuals in anime have gone far enough that even what people nowadays call "mid" actually looks decent, watchable, and, well, nice enough.

People have become way too spoiled, and want MAPPA, or ufotable visuals in EVERYTHING, give it a break, and for once be happy with what you got.

Myself, I for years wanted for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou to receive a full anime adaptation, or at least more than those two OVAs from 20 years ago, even if quality wouldn't be movie level.

It never happened, but it is what it is.

Yeah, people want their entertainment to look as good as possible and absoultely no one with half a brain wants to settle for mediocrity... like you do, apparently.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if we'd get a third season.

I hope it turns out well and does the story justice.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Garou's probably look as long as Wano
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:30 pm Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:
J.C Staff did what they could in a tight schedule that was in par with Attack on Titans anime's production and it wasn't that Bad (you can check the BDs version since it had fixed many errors in a short time) Madhouse did produced it with more time than J.C Staff had so try to be civil with it at least.

Yeah, they did what ethey could, and still ended up doing a dogshit job. Bad quality is bad quality no matter the justificacions.

Excoman wrote:
I honestly wish 3rd season to be animated by the worst possible studio.

Simply because of concern trolls, and people who aren't happy / grateful to get a new season at all.

I think you're the only troll in this scenario.

Excoman wrote:
Oh please, visuals in anime have gone far enough that even what people nowadays call "mid" actually looks decent, watchable, and, well, nice enough.

People have become way too spoiled, and want MAPPA, or ufotable visuals in EVERYTHING, give it a break, and for once be happy with what you got.

Myself, I for years wanted for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou to receive a full anime adaptation, or at least more than those two OVAs from 20 years ago, even if quality wouldn't be movie level.

It never happened, but it is what it is.

Yeah, people want their entertainment to look as good as possible and absoultely no one with half a brain wants to settle for mediocrity... like you do, apparently.

lol the joke on you because you couldn't realize what was good about S2 instead of being an ignorant elitist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5