• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Release Schedule for Fall 2022 Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Who is simulcasting Bibliophile Princess?
This is what I'm wondering too. Out of the shows for this season, it's the one I'm most excited for.

... I really hope Netflix doesn't get it. I really do not want to get a Netflix sub to watch it. I rather it be CR because it's the only thing I have a sub for besides Hulu.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Saeryen wrote:
This is what I'm wondering too. Out of the shows for this season, it's the one I'm most excited for.

... I really hope Netflix doesn't get it. I really do not want to get a Netflix sub to watch it. I rather it be CR because it's the only thing I have a sub for besides Hulu.
Given recent events though, I'd prefer if it's on Netflix, if only it means it'll get an union dub.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Saeryen wrote:

Given recent events though, I'd prefer if it's on Netflix, if only it means it'll get an union dub.

I honestly don’t give a damn if it’s Union dubs or non union dubs… as long as they paying and treating the VAs like they should whether they are union or not.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Definitely sparse in comparison to the last few seasons. I'll be checking out Spy X Family, Uzaki-chan and Chainsaw Man from what they're showing here so far. Very excited about Love Flops over on HiDive the most.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Berserk was picked up. Too bad we probably won't get the 90's/movie dub cast back again.

Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
SP654 wrote:
Dammit they should’ve included Bleach too!

It was announced that Disney Plus got it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we know that for sure. There were plenty of rumors that Disney would get it over the last few months, which may still be plausible, but I don't recall anything official being said yet.

Last edited by doubleO7 on Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:19 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Glad to see Berserk was picked up. Too bad we probably won't get the 90's/movie dub cast back again.

Given recent events, the 2016 cast probably won't be back either.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Folks asking "well then who has [insert title here]?" keep in mind Crunchyroll's announcement page still has 8 TBA slots, so it's quite likely some of the remaining unclaimed titles will be among those.

As for Bleach and the Disney+ rumors, that's still not had anything close to an actual confirmation. It's just a rumor that started online and got drummed up without any corroborating evidence. Viz Media own the license to the TYBW anime, and have said in their social media that it'll be simulcasting on multiple streaming services. That makes it pretty unlikely that it'll be on Disney, unless they totally changed their approach to anime without telling anyone.
consignia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:26 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
SP654 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we know that for sure. There were plenty of rumors that Disney would get it over the last few months, which is still plausible, but I don't recall anything official being said yet.

I can’t even find any evidence that it’s actually been announced for Disney Plus in Japan. Lot’s of “rumours” and “leaks”. But no official announcement.

My sherlocking skills may not be the best, but I’ve checked the official site, trawled through Disney Plus Japan’s twitter feed and had a poke around a couple of Japanese news sites.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:26 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
SP654 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we know that for sure. There were plenty of rumors that Disney would get it over the last few months, which is still plausible, but I don't recall anything official being said yet.

I only ran it by what everyone said that all… if it gets put on Crunchyroll then awesome but knowing Viz.. there’s a chance they might release the dub like how they do with Naruto and Boruto… I hope not
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:33 pm Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
SP654 wrote:

I can’t even find any evidence that it’s actually been announced for Disney Plus in Japan. Lot’s of “rumours” and “leaks”. But no official announcement.

My sherlocking skills may not be the best, but I’ve checked the official site, trawled through Disney Plus Japan’s twitter feed and had a poke around a couple of Japanese news sites.

I to found it odd when it was mentioned about going Disney Plus… especially if it came to the US… but then I am thinking Disney has Marvel as well as other non children content on there services… but again I only went by everything I was hearing but I can not confirm now if it’s legit or not… I have yet to even subscribed to Disney Plus and I really don’t want to have to add another streaming service to my budget when I already have CRunchyroll, Netflix, and HIDIVE on it… I have Hulu for $1 a month for a year but I have yet to use there services again…
Blazi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmm I wonder if Crunchyroll will have Arknights: Prelude to Dawn.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:19 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
Folks asking "well then who has [insert title here]?" keep in mind Crunchyroll's announcement page still has 8 TBA slots, so it's quite likely some of the remaining unclaimed titles will be among those.

As for Bleach and the Disney+ rumors, that's still not had anything close to an actual confirmation. It's just a rumor that started online and got drummed up without any corroborating evidence. Viz Media own the license to the TYBW anime, and have said in their social media that it'll be simulcasting on multiple streaming services. That makes it pretty unlikely that it'll be on Disney, unless they totally changed their approach to anime without telling anyone.

That's the question, what are those streaming services gonna be?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Saeryen wrote:

This is true enough. However, I just don't want to get Netflix. I hate how they treat anime with largely putting them up in batches, and it's not exactly a good value to me to keep a subscription to a service for basically one show (two if I decide to finally watch Edens Zero, which I haven't yet because I keep holding out the tiniest bit of hope that it'll get a physical release, but I likely should just give that up).

I'll take Hulu/Disney+ as a 2nd option, only because I do plan to upgrade my Hulu sub to the bundle once the $1 a month for a year deal I have expires in November. But pretty sure Hulu doesn't really license anything, and I really don't know how the heck Disney works for anime if they do the one episode a week model that I greatly prefer.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I'd be fine with Disney+ licensing anime if they'd... actually release anything they licensed. BRS ended months ago and is nowhere to be seen, Summertime Render is ending soon and there's been no news about that either. Time Machine Blues started coming out last week and nothing on that too.

I'd take a Netflix 2 week delay or even batch releases at the end of the season over that
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:42 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I'd be fine with Disney+ licensing anime if they'd... actually release anything they licensed. BRS ended months ago and is nowhere to be seen, Summertime Render is ending soon and there's been no news about that either. Time Machine Blues started coming out last week and nothing on that too.

I'd take a Netflix 2 week delay or even batch releases at the end of the season over that

Maybe they're trying to get them ready once their dubs are finished, which judging by Disney, would even higher than Netflix and CR combined.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4