• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fox News Host Tucker Carlson Likens Teacher's Prosthetic Breasts to Japanese Genre of

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Taskforce wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Hate speech is not allowed on this forum.

That is rich. After 4 pages of calling Tucker Carlson everything but a nice person and not deleting it that absolutely can't be true. What you meant to say is "We only allow hate speech as long as we agree with it." At least be honest.

"Hate speech is defined by the Cambridge Dictionary as "public speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation"."

Not a single person has hated on Tucker Carlson for any of those reasons, hate speech does not mean hating on someone
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Taskforce wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

That is rich. After 4 pages of calling Tucker Carlson everything but a nice person and not deleting it that absolutely can't be true. What you meant to say is "We only allow hate speech as long as we agree with it." At least be honest.

https://youtu.be/Yx2cLl0pisQ
Hating a bigot is not hate speech. In fact it’s actually the correct thing to do.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:00 am Reply with quote
zekro94 wrote:
Can someone tell me why my post was deleted? I expressed my opinion like everyone else regarding this news

Looking at your recent deleted post I see you engaged in blatant, repeated misgendering. Just posting something to the effect of "I'm not transphobic" in the same post in which you engage in blatant transphobia isn't going to fool anyone.

Taskforce wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

Are you seriously trying to claim you don't know the meaning of the phrase "hate speech"? Well, even if you by some chance don't, MagicPolly has helpfully given a definition, though note the "such as" in the definition means that it does not give the complete list of categories, so you can save yourself some time by not bothering to post "but that definition didn't specifically mention being trans!" or something similar.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Taskforce wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

Hating a particular person on the grounds of their hate-based views is not Hate Speech.

Hating/denigrating an entire group of people is prejudiced, and thus counts as Hate Speech.

I.g. You're allowed to dislike idiots and call an idiot an idiot, and a fascist a fascist. And anybody who's buddy-buddy with Viktor Orbán is a fascist.
zekro94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Misgendering.....well I won't say anything anymore about that.
Getting to the topic, the fact that they translated bakunyuu is funny but people who are not into anime will see that and will be surprised how the japanese are "weird" for having things like that. I mean, the community knows how it is but for an outsider it just seems weird or sick even
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5