• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: BLUELOCK

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Great ending of the first season! Now we have to wait for the second season to air in 2024 and Nagi movie also! I am so glad that they announced both the continuation and the Nagi movie! Such an amazing news!
SHD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In fact, one of the biggest complaints I can give this episode is the fact that half of the cast introduced here are characters that we've never seen before.

Mine as well. Clearly we've arried at the stage of any tournament manga/anime where suddenly dozens of new characters are introduced, and each of them looks weird and eccentric enough to scream "we're all going to get mini-arcs while the characters you've grown to care about will fade into the background and barely get any attention!" gaaahhh no please, why. Especially because of course my favorite just had to end up being Aryuu, who is already kind of a side character, and in such a bloated cast he's absolutely going to disappear. :'(

Anyway, I just hope that the story will keep its focus on a core bunch of characters. Nakamura Yuuichi's character is probably going to be the main rival, but also - I'd bet money that Kunigami is not going anywhere, and will be back in one way or another, to avenge his bruised ego on his former friends who didn't choose him/got chosen over him.

This show was a huge surprise for me, it's the first sports anime I'm actually enjoying since Ping Pong (and whether that qualifies as a "sports anime" is up to debate). I hope it'll keep up the good job in the next season as well.
Felix Anime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:59 pm Reply with quote
There is going to be a solo Nagi movie?
Hal14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Felix Anime wrote:
There is going to be a solo Nagi movie?

It's an adaptation of the Nagi spin-off which is the matches of the first arc/challenge but from his (and his team's) perspective.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4