• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun Season 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:59 am Reply with quote
By the way... As it happens to every decently popular (or wannabe-popular) property, Iruma-kun is also getting a stage adaptation. And while as with all these stage adaptations the overall general presentation is... well, a matter of taste, let's put it that way, even I think that their Opera is spot-on.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:44 pm Reply with quote
It was a long arc, but I'm glad to see they brought it to a satisfying conclusion for everybody, even Orobas!

And it turns out it was all about the power of friendship in the end!

I'm guessing Robin and Kalego are going to deal with Ocho?
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:50 pm Reply with quote
And thus the arc finally ended, it has some solid moments but I struggle to call it great over all.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Finally over. And in the best way possible.
Although what will they do now? With several zero pointers in the class, aren't they out of options to keep their classroom?
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Finally over. And in the best way possible.
Although what will they do now? With several zero pointers in the class, aren't they out of options to keep their classroom?

There are two events where they have the opportunity to rank up. This was the first event, and the next event is the next arc (which will happen next season, since it's also long, but I don't think the lead up to it will be as long).
Thesarum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Naphula being a student council plant was a twist I didn't see coming, though the legend leaf itself was always going to be something stupid. This arc dragged a lot in the middle, but the last few episodes have been pretty strong. While it's probably recency bias, overall I'm left with a somewhat positive impression of the whole thing.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Am I reading too much into this? I got the impression that the reason Orobas was dissatisfied with his win was because he couldn't remember acquiring that massive trove of ingredients (because Ocho had done it for him after he broke down from Asmodeus' butt kicking). But he can't remember Ocho doing that, and in fact may not remember that Ocho was ever there at all.

So while he's sure he didn't cheat, he doesn't have the sense of accomplishment he ought to have if he'd collected all that himself and could remember doing it. I guess I'm feeling that it was unclear just how much Ocho was manipulating and controlling him, or what Ocho's bloodline magic even is.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:05 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
But he can't remember Ocho doing that, and in fact may not remember that Ocho was ever there at all.

I think you may be right - I also considered this and then somehow didn't put it in the review. The fact that no one, apart from Orobas, seemed to see Ocho definitely indicates that Ocho was doing more than just egging Orobas on; I find it suspicious that his name was never mentioned in any rankings even though he was right there with Orobas.
q_3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Maybe Ocho is actually Purson's nemesis.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:20 am Reply with quote
At the very least it looks like the teachers were onto Ocho and Robin will be going after him next week.

Pretty satisfying ending to the Harvest Festival arc, especially considering how long it ran. The class coming together again, reacting to their antics in this arc, all the teachers congratulating their students (other than Furfur who is still a dick), clarifying the Dorodoro Bros. misunderstanding (not that it changes anything), and Iruma going back home. Pretty nice!
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's confusing why Robin didn't capture Ocho after wounding him, but it's also possible that he took a page out of the black-toothed demon's book and bugged him so that he'd lead the teachers to his lair. That seems like Kalego's sense of humor and/or justice.

Didn't they say they let Ocho go in order to send a message to whoever sent him not to mess with the school because next time they'll do more than put an arrow through their back (and intentionally miss their vitals, damn Robin is a badass!).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:44 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Didn't they say they let Ocho go in order to send a message to whoever sent him not to mess with the school because next time they'll do more than put an arrow through their back (and intentionally miss their vitals, damn Robin is a badass!).

Emerje

You know, I think you're right and I just spaced out while writing. That's on me. Embarassed
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:09 am Reply with quote
It was nice to get more screentime for the teachers, their personalities, and relationship dynamics.

The irony that the cult obsessed with the #2 that everyone assumed Orobas was in...was actually Ocho's thing the whole time. That cult really did mess with Orobas.

Kiriwo wasn't in the Opening just for show. I guess the question is how Baal and his group will use the information that Iruma is human to their advantage, beyond Kiriwo now knowing he wants to eat Iruma. Especially if they're recruiting and seeing some potential in the Misfit Class.
ab2143

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:49 am Reply with quote
Now that the bad guys know Iruma’s a human, I’m hoping this means we’ll get to see Sullivan fight to protect his precious grandson. I just want to see him in action
SmurfRockRune

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the big spoiler right on the front page of the site. Really appreciate that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6