• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comikey Licenses The Betrayed Woman's Prince Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:26 am Reply with quote
I don't use this site, but I dunno if I would feel comfortable seeing the NTR tag out in the open.
RenimLS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:20 am Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
I don't use this site, but I dunno if I would feel comfortable seeing the NTR tag out in the open.

Does seem an odd choice, though I guess perhaps their usage of NTR could be broader than your typical hentai NTR? This sounds like something you'd find in probably a typical romance novel. Woman trapped in a life of hardship by her deadbeat/cheating partner, only for a prince charming or similar to come in, show her a better life, and steal her heart. Depending on how it's done it could still be cheating, though the description here doesn't make it sound like it at all.

Edit: Second thought on this, I guess the NTR is probably purely in reference to her husband cheating on her and leaving her. Which would be really weird to then label this an NTR series if that's only it.
Naotomato

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:00 pm Reply with quote
RenimLS wrote:
DamianSalazar wrote:

Does seem an odd choice, though I guess perhaps their usage of NTR could be broader than your typical hentai NTR? This sounds like something you'd find in probably a typical romance novel. Woman trapped in a life of hardship by her deadbeat/cheating partner, only for a prince charming or similar to come in, show her a better life, and steal her heart. Depending on how it's done it could still be cheating, though the description here doesn't make it sound like it at all.

Edit: Second thought on this, I guess the NTR is probably purely in reference to her husband cheating on her and leaving her. Which would be really weird to then label this an NTR series if that's only it.

NTR in Japan is a broad term like Isekai. In this case, it means cheating. It doesn't always have to be mindbreak or the other stuff that is common in hentai.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Sucks for the girl, but the new guy is probably better...as is often the case with these stories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1