• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Your Eternity Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:12 am Reply with quote
^
|
I'm not a reader of the manga, but that's the sense I get from the anime. The story really shone when we'd get introduced to compelling characters, concentrate on their situation and follow them through relatively short arcs. Fushi was already immortal and learned how to make certain things but he wasn't a god which is basically how he comes across now. Now everything feels scattershot. We don't really focus on anybody's situation in any kind of depth and the one character who I'd rather not get so much screen time, did: Bon. At least his shorter hair version was easier to take. Too bad, a lot of goodwill was wasted from those of us who really liked Season 1, but were disappointed by season 2.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:20 pm Reply with quote
As an anime-only viewer, I'm trying not to get spoiled, but it seems the next major chapter of the series runs for seven manga volumes, so if the third season is supposed to cover all of it, here's hoping they'll increase the episode count to 24 or 25. Each of the first two seasons only covered 6 volumes each, and people still found them rushed, so while I got used to the show's awkwardly quick pace, I wouldn't like to see it get even quicker.
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:30 am Reply with quote
(spoilers for season 2)

To Your Eternity kinda lost me when it was revealed that Fushi can revive the dead. When you specifically write a story around the themes of loss, grief, and the fragility and finity of life, then all sense of drama is lost if it turns out your main character can revive the dead.

Also, the anime doesn't do the story any favours with its declining production values. It just looks so bad and bland.

I'll still watch the rest of TyE if it gets adapted, but the quality of the story has been going down with each arc since the battle for Renril.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2