• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:11 pm Reply with quote
freebird1994 wrote:
I want shonens where the power ceiling is actively given the bird.

So.... God of Highschool. Specifically everything that happens post the anime.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:48 pm Reply with quote
On top of the girls not knowing about the God of Love, I'll mention that spoiler[each one is single when Rentaro meets her, and the main tension at that point is usually her doubting whether she can have a boyfriend at all, often due to whatever her bonkers quirk is]. Thankfully, he's a really, really, really, really, really devoted boyfriend.

(I don't think it'd even matter if spoiler[a girl did have mutual feelings with another guy; she and Rentaro would find a way to sell him on letting her date them both].)

harminia wrote:
Not yet but I just know Rentarou would absolutely date a boy if it came to it.

"But the title says 'girlfriend'! Right there!"
"Well, who says a boy can't be a girlfriend?"

I've also considered the possibility of a girlfriend who's in the same boat as Rentaro and accumulating her own harem of 100 boyfriends, and from then on Rentaro would be having vaguely-alluded-to offscreen adventures with the rest of her harem between chapters… but that'd mean both she and Rentaro would be splitting their time between the two groups, giving them an unfair advantage with each other.

kotomikun wrote:
If you wanted to take "infinite power" completely literally, it'd have to be like, as soon as the protagonist is born, his flailing arms create shockwaves so powerful they disintegrate the entire universe (and himself) down to the quantum level. Future incarnations of him would destroy nearby parallel universes as well. To have any kind of actual plot, it would have to involve someone somehow realizing this was going to happen and trying to prevent him from being born, maybe with time travel.

I was imagining it as some superpower less straightforward than just normal physical strength, and assuming the MC would obtain it in chapter 1 -- possibly from an infinitesimal fragment split off from some other character's power (which still has the exact same cardinality, because that's how infinity rolls).
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I knew this was coming, lol.
After Kanojo mo Kanojo's fan popularity, no way were they not gonna capitalise on this
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:54 pm Reply with quote
With one hundred girlfriends, each girl would only have a date night every 100 days, and that is if he goes out each night with one girlfriend. That is about 1 date every three months or longer depending on the situation. Even if some girls formed harem cliques to share him on one night, it would still be a long time for each of the girls to actually have one on one time with him.
L0ken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:55 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
With one hundred girlfriends, each girl would only have a date night every 100 days, and that is if he goes out each night with one girlfriend. That is about 1 date every three months or longer depending on the situation. Even if some girls formed harem cliques to share him on one night, it would still be a long time for each of the girls to actually have one on one time with him.

He passively bends time and space if needed, his injuries heal from his gf smiles, Ren even helped mangaka to draw a chapter once, so it's not a big concern. Besides it's not like we actually have 100gf from the beginning, they are being added gradually and without rushing,to give cast screentime, at 130 chapters we still at spoiler[23 girlfriends], plus all girls constantly together like a big family with endless interactions, regular dates can be individual, in small group or all of them. The creators are really big brained and dedicated to making it good.
Rogue 155

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:50 pm Reply with quote
L0ken wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

He passively bends time and space if needed, his injuries heal from his gf smiles, Ren even helped mangaka to draw a chapter once, so it's not a big concern. Besides it's not like we actually have 100gf from the beginning, they are being added gradually and without rushing,to give cast screentime, at 130 chapters we still at spoiler[23 girlfriends], plus all girls constantly together like a big family with endless interactions, regular dates can be individual, in small group or all of them. The creators are really big brained and dedicated to making it good.

He's already transcended humanity what do you expect
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3