• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kinnikuman Franchise Gets New Anime for 40th Anniversary

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Whether it's a remake of the old or an adaptation of the new, I'm happy either way.

M-U-S-C-L-E, muscle!
1dbad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I didn't realize the manga originally started in the 70s, or that there was an anime adaptation before the one 4Kids released as Ultimate Muscle!

Regardless of what the new anime ends up being, I hope it gets more people into the series and leads to more releases for the franchise here.

ZelosZoidberg wrote:
It's almost funny how when Discotek licenses an old but popular anime a remake/reboot/sequel is not far behind. See Urusei Yatsura, Shamen King and now Kinnkuman for examples.

Only exception so far is Tokyo Mew Mew. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them release that at some point, especially if Saint Tail sells well.
Bubin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Just reboot the series.

I mean, I definitely intend to watch every Kinnikuman anime so far, in order of release, but...

Voice actors are too old, and that is, as far as I hate to say it, [expletive] noticeable, most of them aren't Toru Furuya.

They can voice characters that fit their age, though.

Just revitalize future anime with younger seiyu, and give it future.

And even that all with voices aside, I just believe that it is for the best after all those years for audience, especially the younger generations to get into it from the very start of story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2