• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime Delays Episodes 9 & Beyond Due to COVID-19

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:49 pm Reply with quote
el_morris wrote:
Ok I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here... Couldn't be that the series run out of time slots for keep on air, just like 86 did?

Not only that. Both share most of the exact same team including the animation producer.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:57 pm Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:
I am no more surprised. How can they even have the shame to state that COVID is the reason. It looks so awful. I am very disappointed. They shouldn't take this project if they can't make it in time.

It also makes little sense, why resume a series that has been delayed for a while and then delay it once more a few weeks later? Surely the problems they face right now did not pop up out of nowhere.

Yes, it would be proper and right to get rid of all problems on their side and start airing ALL THE REMAINING EPISODES.

I pray God that Mashle won't be included in this nightmare.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Aniplex and Kadokawa are f***ing sh**. Sorry for the French, but these production companies are really showing their rear with this level of incompetence. Yes, COVID-19 is a problem in Japan, but they can't keep using that as an excuse, sooner or later everyone is going to see how horrendous your practices are.

Kadokawa wants to make 40 anime a year, yet can't seem to plan properly. Neither can Aniplex apparently. I hope they make much less anime per year from now on.
RealMTL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah this sucks a lot. Kinda reminds me of when 86 was airing and the constant delays. Still weird to have covid be a reason for delays now that we are years into it.
Eddy2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:01 pm Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
Aniplex and Kadokawa are f***ing sh**. Sorry for the French, but these production companies are really showing their rear with this level of incompetence. Yes, COVID-19 is a problem in Japan, but they can't keep using that as an excuse, sooner or later everyone is going to see how horrendous your practices are.

Kadokawa wants to make 40 anime a year, yet can't seem to plan properly. Neither can Aniplex apparently. I hope they make much less anime per year from now on.

Idk, Kadokawa's situation doesn't seem all that bad in comparison from what I've seen, since their delays don't really last that long. Bofuri only got delayed for 2 weeks, Spy Classroom only got hit for 1 week, and The Eminence in Shadow, Bungo Stray Dogs, and several other isekais by Kadokawa this season never got delayed at all.

Please correct me if I'm missing something here.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Eddy2 wrote:
Idk, Kadokawa's situation doesn't seem all that bad in comparison from what I've seen, since their delays don't really last that long. Bofuri only got delayed for 2 weeks, Spy Classroom only got hit for 1 week, and The Eminence in Shadow, Bungo Stray Dogs, and several other isekais by Kadokawa this season never got delayed at all.
And then comes Isekai Ojisan and an even more infamous case - KanColle Itsuka no Umi De, which already shortened the series to 3/4 of the regular season with only 8 episodes, but multiple delays sprayed them over the course of damn 5 months, while the final episode still not released yet.

So nah - they're both equal, even with Aniplex really trying to win the competition this time.
Gilarack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I already was on the fence in regards to this adaptation, now I'll definitely wait until it's finished and see what people are saying when it's done... IF it will ever be done that is.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Eddy2 wrote:
DamianSalazar wrote:

Please correct me if I'm missing something here.

Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible, more like Kadokawa won't Let It Be Seen for about 5 months.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:43 pm Reply with quote
So how many of the coming season are going to end up being delayed? I think I read about there already being production issues with Mashle.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Gilarack wrote:
I already was on the fence in regards to this adaptation, now I'll definitely wait until it's finished and see what people are saying when it's done... IF it will ever be done that is.

Every episode aside from the first has been great. I'll tell you that much.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:39 pm Reply with quote
JohnRhogan wrote:
It's Shine Post all over again.

No, it is not. IIRC the last 3 episodes of Shine Post were delayed by one month. Nier has been delayed TWICE. Shine Post had a hiccup, but the production of Nier seems to be in deep trouble.
Righteous_Groove

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Where I work if someone makes a mistake and delays a project, people get pretty pissed off. When COVID came around and started causing SOME problems, we found that people were very understanding about delays of that nature. It wasn’t long before EVERY delay was due to COVID.
I find it hard to believe that COVID in Japan could be so selectively brutal only to certain companies, I find it much more likely that they’re using the same ‘half-lie get out of jail free card’ that I use.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:59 pm Reply with quote
God Eater: The Anime Vol. 2
PipimiOden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:11 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
el_morris wrote:
Ok I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here... Couldn't be that the series run out of time slots for keep on air, just like 86 did?
Nope, if we go for just the timeslot - they at least can run episodes 9 and 10 before Mashle takes its place on the timeslot in April.

So yeah, it's the wombo-combo of Aniplex PC casually ruining the things and the running time.

Eh, most of the other recent delays coming from aniplex have lasted a month or more so i wouldn't be surprised if they'll move it to another timeslot or waited till Mashle is over to air them. Or just dumping the remaining episodes onto streaming and not bother to air them on TV at all. Who knows with sony¯\_(ツ)_/¯
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:45 pm Reply with quote
JohnRhogan wrote:
It's Shine Post all over again. It's bad enough Kobi-san new episodes have been delayed until April. I do agree with one of the comments, that Aniplex shouldn't have taken on this project if they can't guarantee a non-stop season.

FOX used to do this shit with 24, back in the day, so they could run American Idol, pissing off viewers like myself. By the time S4 of 24 came around FOX started doing the non-stop seasons, until the writer's strike happened and delayed S7, therefore giving us 24: Redemption.

Happy to see someone mention Shine Post. Yeah it did get a bit of a delay but I'll be damned if it wasn't phenomenal in the end. Actually animated dance sequences instead of cheap CGI. Definitely one of the best Idol shows I've seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3